Msd6

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
I'm a little confused what the MSD 6 does. I do know that it can be wired in conjunction with the mopar electronic ignition. I told a buddy that I was going to get a nitrous set up for my Dart and he said I needed an MSD6 but couldn't tell me what it did or why I needed it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Look into the MSD 6AL-6 6530 it is PC programable. When Nitrous is active, the timing can be retarded instantly. Has a lots of different features.

I'm a little confused what the MSD 6 does. I do know that it can be wired in conjunction with the mopar electronic ignition. I told a buddy that I was going to get a nitrous set up for my Dart and he said I needed an MSD6 but couldn't tell me what it did or why I needed it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Good thing your on this forum, what exactly do you have for drivetrain, and how much spraydo you want to use, and why? Too much Nitrous and inexperiance is a bad combo, IMO

It's a capacitive discharge box. A normal ignition like the Mopar electric ignition charges the coil for around six milliseconds or so (it changes with RPM, dropping off as the RPM comes up) at 14 volts. The MSD ignition sends a 400 volt pulse to the coil for a fraction of a millisecond. This can give a hotter spark, and since it takes less time, the spark intensity doesn't degrease at higher RPM.

-
Back