Multi-angle valve jobs explained.

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
I ran across this video which I found to be very comprehensive on the subject and someone who speaks in layman's terms I believe he is an engineer for Yamaha or at least in their development program check it out. It did change my opinion a bit on the subject! youtube.com/watch?v=8NTgcxIqnUo

Last edited:
The link you provided is not to a specific video.

I tried to find it but at the bottom of the page I seen Danny Macaskill, I have watched this guy sense he was a kid. This is a cool video.

So I'm running this through again because I think some will enjoy it.

It's a good video. As I've said for years, all a multi angle valve job does is essentially round off the valve fact and seat making the transition more gentle.

It thins down the seat making it seal better, the wider the seat the harder it is to get a good seal.
Carbon can get smashed in a wide seat and get stuck holding the valve off the seat, the narrow seat can cut the carbon and break it off of the seat.

Combination of calve seal and smooth transition from the port to combustion chamber. Just picture the end of a Trumpet or something similar compared to a straight funnel.

-
Back