Music,you you never stop listening to...

-
I have an I pod with 588 "scrubbed" songs I can listen to and never get tired of. Everything from early Blues, 60's through 90's Rock, Christian Rock, Jazz, Alternative, to newer Country. My favorites not mentioned are The Doors, The Church, The Grass Roots, Guess Who, Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, The Association, The Byrds, Belinda Carlisle, Kirsty MacColl, Sarah McLachlan, Guster, Quicksilver messenger Service, Head East, Francesca Battistelli, 10th Ave North.

I have an I pod with 588 "scrubbed" songs I can listen to and never get tired of. Everything from early Blues, 60's through 90's Rock, Christian Rock, Jazz, Alternative, to newer Country. My favorites not mentioned are The Doors, The Church, The Grass Roots, Guess Who, Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, The Association, The Byrds, Belinda Carlisle, Kirsty MacColl, Sarah McLachlan, Guster, Quicksilver messenger Service, Head East, Francesca Battistelli, 10th Ave North.
Damn you most be older than me!

Damn you most be older than me!

LOL, probably. I have always loved music. I have no musical talent, and used to collect favorites and record them on 8 track, then cassettes, then CD's then ipod, and now thumb drives. I even have "real" western cowboy songs from wax cylinders my dad found for me. Back in the day, you would buy an album for just one song, if it was good enough. No rhyme or reason to the music, just what I like.

Oh I was raised during the album era. Buy one and if you were lucky ther was a couple hits on there and not one.

Technically The Association was the first concert I ever attended. Of all places on God's green earth, they played in our high school general purpose room in the middle of a school day free, in lovely Barstow Ca. of all places :rofl:. There was some speculation amongst us that their tour bus broke down and they were stuck in town on the way to or from a gig in Vegas :rofl:. Nobody stops in Barstow on purpose unless it's for gas or snacks on the way to Vegas :rofl:

Oh I was raised during the album era. Buy one and if you were lucky ther was a couple hits on there and not one.

Me too, first album was Revolver by the Beatles. Not sure where dad found the wax cylinders. I think I saw Head East at a street dance in Parker, SD.

CLAPTON, Beatles, Allman bros., Eagles, SRV, Seger , Joe Cocker, CCR, ZZ Tops, Skynyrd, 60's soul, etc. ... many more... wife and I learned to play young, so there is always music in my house rather than TV barking away.. best thing is my daughter likes a lot of my stuff, and hopefully my grand kids some day, they'll thank me. ...Joe Bonamassa my go to blues guy today.

I have a wide variety of music, and lots of it. If I had to pick just one, it would be the Allman Brothers and related solo albums. It never gets old.

There are quite a few. But this by the Scorpions "Lonesome Crow" from 1972. Anything by them from 1972-1980. Totally different band (musically) than what era (1982-up) you hear on the radio/satellite.
35048.jpg

-
Back