Must see: American Muscle Cars -DODGE DART

-

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Very cool history of the Dodge Dart... 1/2hr show without commercials!

"more punch per pound than just about any other car of the muscle era..."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e_rehwncTg&feature=related"]American Muscle Car - Dodge Dart GTS - YouTube[/ame]

neat video but they should have researched alittle more they said in 73 you could only get a 318 gone forever was the 340 lol

They also said a 1968 GTS had a thermo-quad but that carb didn't show up until 1971.

They also said a 1968 GTS had a thermo-quad but that carb didn't show up until 1971.

I didn't think that sounded right. The narrator gets on my nerves a little but Mr. Norm makes up for him.

i remember back in '68,the stock drags frequently came down to 2 340 darts.
that all changed when the A12 cars and 454 Chevelles became available.

wow, they showed my 70 340 4 - speed plum crazy purple dart i am building .lol!!!!!!!!

Speed Channel sucks.. you also can't blame the narrator he was just reading what someone else wrote then someone else edited what he read

My 70 340 Dart also have a Tquad

The Mr. Norm interview was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time!! "look what the kids from Chicago did" HAHAAHAAHA PRICELESS!!

Only way I'd buy a Dart, would be a 69 Dart convertible. The front end goes bye-bye and a 70-71 Duster front end with a Sharktooth grill goes in its place :twisted: dare to be different.

History...
The Thermo-Quad (TQ) was initially released for competition in 1969.

Chrysler
introduced the TQ on the 1971 340. The first series of TQs including the
71 340 version and the Competition Series TQs were air metered units
unlike like the 72 and later TQs which were solid (liquid) fuel metered.
The Competition Series (CS) were available in 850 cfm and 1000 cfm ratings.
CS units use a manual choke and have a minimal amount of external attachments
compared to OEM production units. The CS was discontinued in the mid-70s.
Carter released the 9000 series in the latter 70s as replacement carburetors
for Chrysler and GM Quadrajet applications. The 9000 series was very
similar to the production Chrysler Thermo-Quads.
http://thedodgetruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=2352

I like each episode... but had THIS epsode been available online to watch in it's entirety a couple years ago, I wouldn't have bought the whole three-season series looking for it, lol. They do a fine job mixing the episodes among GM, Ford, and Chrysler with ther respective performance models.

Overall was nice. Of course errors are expected when they don't look here for info haha..

Grant

I showed the video to my 6yr old son today and when it was over he said, "Daddy, can we take our Hot Rod by the beach today?"... :burnout:

Just watched that one... my brother had a 69 440 Road Runner and remember that thing snapping my neck back on many occasions. Still remember the sound of that blower comin down the street...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM2P5Wc1-hA"]American Muscle Car - Plymouth Roadrunner - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back