My 1972 F7 Dart Swinger

-
Sorted out a weird issue with the blower motor. I had all 3 fan speeds with the air conditioning on but with the heat on, I only had low fan speed. I took the glove box out to diagnose, and this is what I found.

View attachment 1716205946
I really like the simple fixes! I must’ve bumped it when I was installing the dash and knocked the connector off.

I got the drivers door glass put in, but I’m struggling with the adjustment to get a good seal. Took a pause from that for my sanity decided to apply my stripe.

View attachment 1716205947

View attachment 1716205948

I've always wanted a bumble-bee stripe to match my vinyl top. Where did you get those?

The red against the stripe has always been my only concern.

I got mine from Phoenix Graphics. They sent me all the metallic gray/silver materials they had (6 or 7 samples?), I picked one out and they made them using the factory stripe template on hand.

DSC04973.JPG

DSC04975.JPG

Got the carpet all put in over the weekend. Front/Center buckles were bolted in just to hold the carpet while I worked. Not too much left to do on the this interior. Still need to adjust the windows before I can put the vapor barrier in and install the door panels. Really trying to avoid that for as long as possible

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

Today I got the overfill valve issue sorted out

IMG_6760.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg

These first showed up on 72 model year along with the charcoal canister. The OE valve was inserted into the top of the vent line in the engine bay then rubber line connected it to the canister. No one seems to make a valve that small that serves all the same functions. This is a tank vent from a diesel truck that allows 2-way vapor flow. It shuts if liquid fuel comes in from the tank and also shuts in the event of a roll-over. It fit nicely at the top of the vapor line!

For reference, here is what the factory overfill valve looked like
2013-06-09 17_27_48.jpg

The tubing was expanded and the valve inserted then the tubing was closed around the end.

IMG_6494.jpg

Got my Lloyd floor mats put in but didn’t get a picture. They look pretty sweet. Black with DART in green stitching.

Still messing around with the side windows trying to get them aligned and sealed good….

Test fitted a design tweak of these hood insulation trim pieces. These slip into place in the hood scoop rubber seals and dress up the hole in the insulation.

IMG_6764.jpeg

Last edited:
Got the passenger side door and quarter trim panels in. Still some window alignment on the driver side door to fine tune before I can button that side up.

IMG_6861.JPG

Actually drove her to the gas station today and took a short drive around the lake. Felt pretty surreal to be on the road with that car after all this time.

Last edited:
-
Back