My 300 wiring

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got a question for all the Mopar Mechanics. I tried to wire my 2016 Chrysler 300 with the standard 4 prong plug. It tried it with a test light and works fine. When I plug the trailer in it does strange things. Looks like it needs a special harness. Can I use the U-Haul harness that costs 50 bucks or do I have to get the harness from Chrysler which is 315.00 bucks. I know this isn't a classic car but I thought you Mopar Mechanics might be able to help me. Thanks

Use this 2016 Chrysler 300 Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring - Curt
With the new molars the lightning is on the canbuss so just trying to wire in a standard plug the old fashion way tends to screw up everything.
I tried to wire my little trailer up to my 2014 ram p/u. The big trailer plug is hot for my car trailer, but the little 4 wire plug in is dead, and their one piece right on top of each other from the factory ..?????
I also bought a trailer brake controller off of ebay that plugged directly in to the empty dash plug in to make the trailer brakes work. Check it out , maybe save u some $ .

-
Back