My 360 build.

-
So it's not like it won't work, just may not take full advantage of the heads. Is that what you mean? When I asked him to spec the cam I asked for good power with good vacuum and manners. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Cley

Yes, but lift isn't really the place you cut to make a cam more streetable IMO.

Fixed

I was going to write; If you have it in your pocket, use 1.6 rockers to lift the valve up to take advantage of the heads better flow area. FWIW, this will have a direct impact on HP.

IIRC going to 1.6 ratio rockers, you gain around .025 lift on a .528 cam.

Unsure what rations are available for mopar but I know you can get 1.7 ratio rockers for some V8's.

IIRC going to 1.6 ratio rockers, you gain around .025 lift on a .528 cam.

Unsure what rations are available for mopar but I know you can get 1.7 ratio rockers for some V8's.

Well, the math is simple enough for sure. Listed lift divided by ratio multiplied by new ratio.

For the small block, 1.7 is available for the Magnum head, special order for the LA head. So you could Equip an LA block with a Magnum head or TF and use 1.7 Magnum rockers on a LA engine or actually or better said with a LA cam activating the valves.

While getting the valves up as quick as possible is what I say all the time, there are limits. I just can say where they are. It’s to combination dependent. The limit being no actual gain in power.

It's like Christmas! My intake and my cam are here! I just need my balanced rotating assembly and I can get building! I might install cam bearings and core plugs tonight anyway! I haven't taken my own photo yet!

Cley
Screenshot_20200205-152139_Samsung Internet.jpg

Due to this Covid 19 **** show I have the weekend to work on car stuff. My kids hockey season is over as of last Thursday so I get garage time. Looking at the sheet that came with my KB107 pistons and I am just thinking, is it ok to increase my ring gap just incase I need it later on? By the KB instructions for NA street the gap should be .0026". Next step says street towing and the gap should be .0032. I'd like to push it to .0032 as long as there will be little to no downside to the slightly larger gap. Any thoughts?

Cley
1584196045511343797134684981814.jpg

Go big or go home. There is always a down side to bigger gaps when an engine gets worn. You won’t be putting on a hundred thousand miles either. As in oil gets dirty faster and a little power loss. With a fresh engine u should be good for at least 60,000 miles. Kim

Last edited:
So here's the next little issue! My damn rod bearings have no provision for the oil squirter holes. What the **** do I do with that?

Cley
20200314_190131.jpg

So here's the next little issue! My damn rod bearings have no provision for the oil squirter holes. What the **** do I do with that?

Cley
View attachment 1715487154
Is it a factory mistake? When my engine was that the machine shop one of the main bearings had no hole for oiling.. I had to call Summit or Jags or the manufacturer whoever and have them send me a new set of bearings and I still have the old ones..

20150128_185957.jpg

Remember sesame Street? Which one of these doesn't belong here which one of these just isn't the same....
This would have caused a serious problem...

Perfect! Thanks guys! If I can get a rear main seal somewhere tomorrow I can install the crank and pistons!

Cley

Well I screwed up! I was in such a rush to get this motor built I didnt hone the cylinders. I guess she comes apart again! What a moron!

Cley

broached? filed? must be a word for it
moly rings send a pic
hope the pistons are ok
wait
was the block fresh bored?
no?
you should be ok
don't try Bon Ami

-
Back