my 65 Barracuda

-
Enjoy each day you get to work/love on this fine fish, I am going to enjoy this thread.

Not as much done today, but making progress.

Attachments

• WP_20160301_13_33_34_Pro.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 352
Back in the garage. Temperature dropping, Wind getting up with rain tonight
Hoping tomorrow will allow me some outdoor time.

Mainly stock restoration. I am thinking about a color change going from gold on gold to an ivory on gold with gold stripes. Not sure, I'm not one to change. The ivory was a factory color in 65. The first one I remember seeing was that combination and I really liked the look. Any thoughts

Ivory with gold stripes sounds real good. I think this is Cliff's Cuda, he's a member on here.

Attachments

• 65cudacliff.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 321
My neighbor worked for Chrysler in the 60's and would bring different cars home. He came home with a 65 Barracuda Formula S that was ivory with gold stripes and interior. I thought that was the most amazing car. I have always wanted one. If it doesn't turn out like I think, I will paint it gold with black stripes. I have the carpet, upholstery and headliner. Hopefully this project will come together quickly.

If it looks as good as the picture of yours I'll be happy

Progress today
epoxy primer, hope 2-k primer tomorrow

Attachments

• WP_20160308_15_41_49_Pro.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 261
  • WP_20160308_15_41_35_Pro.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 256
Mostly to the metal. Hope to spray 2-k tomorrow. Found a few small dings and one large one that may delay me. It's strange things you never see till now

The good thing is, if you have to use filler.....you can do it over the top of the epoxy. It will last longer doing it that way, and won't form rust underneath the bondo like it always does when it's applied over bare metal. It's supposed to rain late Friday, and all day Saturday, so GET BUSY! LOL :)

Ivory with gold stripes sounds real good. I think this is Cliff's Cuda, he's a member on here.

my 65 cuda is that same deal, white with gold stripe and int. I think it is very striking. I have always loved white cars, so basic but so cool!!

yep, find any dings you want to smooth out while in epoxy! monsoon headed your way too!!!!!

Thanks guys. Maybe the rain will not hit us. Only a 30% chance for the next 7 days. Barbee, I'm not normally a fan of white, but the ivory and gold keeps growing on me. I've been trying to decide for a long time and finally decided I just didn't want to go gold. I can change it if I don't like it. Question, how did you paint the interior doors with the divide between while and gold.

Holy guacamole! I thought I had taken the Demon down (replaced the roof, ¼ panels left alone). The ivory and gold combination look good.

I, too, had a neighbor employed by Chrysler (Aerospace) who got a 65 Formula S for a while. I loved to hear that car coming up the hill towards my house even from three blocks away. It was silver with two black stripes spaced out like a Mini Cooper's. I've never seen another Barracuda striped like it.

I have the hypo exhaust to put on mine when I finish the current project
I still remember when my neighbor came home or left in his. Awesome sound.he drove a turbine car for a year, but I remember the formula s more than anything.

-
Back