My 68 coupe

-

Dorian

dorian
Reaction score
HPIM1519-1.jpg

I just picked this car up this week. I have a lot of work ahead of me but have been waiting 10 years to be able to buy this exact car.

HPIM1520-1.jpg

It is a 318 2 barrel automatic with A/C. I have all the glass except the front windshield but my brother works in a glass shop and he said that they have one for me when ever I want it. Free stuff! cool.

My plan is to turn it into a 383 (stroked to 500) with a 4 speed and a DANA rearend. Hopefully in the future I can buy a crate HEMI and put that in, but for now all I have is the 383. Oh well... LOL.

Does anyone have the tail lights and rear trim?

Anyone know where I can get a front right fender for my 68?

Thanks Gary

thats gunna be a nice car.. bb stroked.. right on.

A hemi.. for that,.. i have no words.. just.. my god Mmmm

Cerwin

I have a set of '68 tail lights, but I'm not sure of their condition. Do fastbacks and coupes share the same tail lights? If so I can check them out and take a few pics.

Yes I bought it here in Med Hat. It was brought in from Washington, apparently it was little old lady owned and then 2 kids bought it and stripped it then tried to do some body work, front fender, and realized that they were in too far over their heads. all the better for me!

As far as the taillights go as far as I can tell they are the same. Post pics here, close ups if possible, or yo can e-mail me. Thanks

e-mail : tinman_dn@hotmail.com

Alright, I'll go dig them out and take some pictures as soon as I get home. Like I said, I really dont remember what kind of shape they're in as of yet... they've been in a box since I got 'em. I do know they came off a '68 fastback, though.

Tail lights and trunk trim are the same between coupes, verts and fastbacks but they are unique for each year 67, 68, 69.

as a fellow 68 owner, that car rocks! the trunk trim just got repopped but Y1 sells it for $775. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! call stephens performance in alabama and see if they have some good used ones. if not try tonys or chets on the east coast.

I just pulled that box o' tail lights, and mine aren't in good shape at all. Theres a few hair-line cracks in 'em, plus they're extremely faded and the "chrome" bits around the edges are no good either. I could snap a picture or two, but I dont think they're worth your trouble.

My first Barracuda was a white `69 Notchback. Owned it 5 weeks before it was stolen... sure brings back memories!

Good luck with your `68. Looks like a nice, solid start.

tonysparts.com(302)398-0821, chetsautoparts.com(401)397-1825, stephensperformance.com(256)247-1332. i should have pics of mine soon.

-
Back