My 69 Dart build.

-
Little more progress. More car parts came in the mail too. Gonna ditch the 440 since I got a hook up on a 470.

Attachments

• IMAG0499.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 697
Haven't had much time to work on the car but the front floor is completely out. I pulled the passenger side tub to look at the frame and it will need to be replaced. Also the PO cut up the unibody supports under the floor in the front so I will be replacing them

Attachments

• IMAG0535.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 604
  • IMAG0538.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 557
  • IMAG0539.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 568
  • IMAG0540.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 602
  • IMAG0541.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 605
  • IMAG0543.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 594
  • IMAG0544.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 586
  • IMAG0542.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 614
Been awhile since I have posted. I don't have many pictures yet. So far I started putting the new floor in. I also picked up a chopped rear, VGate2 and a few other nick nacks. Here is where I am at with the floor so far

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 538
Well I've seen worse! Is it a 69 sporting 68 tail lights?

The body is definitely a '69 based on the holes in the rear quarters for the markers. The taillights are '68 and the rear bumper is a '67. You've got all years of that body style covered!
I have to hand it to you...you've got more patience and outstanding skills to bring that ol' girl back!

The body is definitely a '69 based on the holes in the rear quarters for the markers. The taillights are '68 and the rear bumper is a '67. You've got all years of that body style covered!
I have to hand it to you...you've got more patience and outstanding skills to bring that ol' girl back!

Yea the car is all miss matched. I will more than likely bring it back to a 69 stand point but have toyed wi the idea of changing to the '68. The only off piece will by my fenders. They are fiberglass and have no marker lights suggesting it is a '67. I'm more worried about getting it back to a good starting point right now though.

Been awhile since I've updated. Backhalf, 4 link and rear are here. Working on putting it all together. Also have the new motor.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 488
For some reason when I'm on mobile I can't post multiple pictures in one post

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 486
Little more progress made. Starting cutting out the floor getting ready to replace the frame

Attachments

• image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 449
Got some more work done this weekend. Started welding in the back half. Cut the roll cage and started welding that to the backhalf. Also started welding the mounts on the rear. Bought some wheels and tires from another FABO member. They are the right size but unfortunately not enough offset but that's my own fault because I thought the wheel was smaller. No big deal. Just moving piece by piece. All the front end suspension should be here next week.

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 426
  • image2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 410
^^I bet that's a good feeling.

It makes me feel like I'm actually making progress now! It's all QA1 in the front except the k frame, which may eventually be a QA1 kframe. I have to finish welding up some spots in the rear frame and then I can lay the floor and start my quarters. I'm hoping to have it ready to paint by next summer. I'm going Monday to pull a column, steering box and all linkage so I can move it a little easier.

Gotta subscribe to this thread. Doing a 69 myself but wouldn't be able to tackle what your doing. Sure is nice to see somebody resurrecting one that far gone too. Good luck to ya. Sent you a PM.

looks like lots of fun, these are the true graveyard cars.

Keep up the good work.

Bruce

I wonder if anyone ever ran exhaust out the back up light openings on a 67 bumper..... :)

Made a little more progress today. I can now steer the car and roll it out on its own wheels. Progress will be slowed down now that its summer and vacation is coming up. I plan on finishing the body work and chassis. Then I can work on other things.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 328
  • image2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 326
  • image3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 313
  • image4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 305
Cleaning up the firewall. Welding some holes I done need

Attachments

• image.jpg