My 72 Dart Swinger

-

CarfinaticII

Under Construction
Reaction score
Been looking for a very long time for a car to restore and finally after many searches and failed attempts, a 72 dart swinger showed up less than 20 miles from me. Was able to make a deal on it and now its mine. I bought it back in July but am finally getting around to posting some pics of it. Lots of info and knowledge on this site and Im excited to get into fixing this one up.

1972 Dart Swinger, 225 slant six. Column shift, bench seat. 7 1/4 rearend, with drums all around. Still had the original spare in the trunk. Came with a 74 318 motor complete carb to pan, v8 k-member, 8 3/4 a body rearend with axles and a 323 sure grip.

It needs a lot of work but for now i'm just fixing as i go. Replaced all the wheel cylinders, brake lines front to back, gas tank (and straps), fuel lines. Replaced the plugs and cleaned the rotor and I got it running as to say i could back it out of the garage and drive it up the road and back. Still doesnt stop right (or run right for that matter) but it was awesome to see it fire up and move after sitting for ten years!

IMG_6401.JPG

IMG_6404.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

Nice '72! Glad you're saving it. Your journey sounds like mine so far, brake lines, brakes, gas tank. I was actually looking for a slant 6 but ended up with a 318 car.

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!

Welcome to FABO. Looks like you have a great start.

Welcome aboard! Nice car I like it! I Love the slant 6 survivors! Look forward to seeing your progress.

Nice '72! Glad you're saving it. Your journey sounds like mine so far, brake lines, brakes, gas tank. I was actually looking for a slant 6 but ended up with a 318 car.

Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride!

Just checked out your thread, great progress on yours! Thanks

What color is the top? Can't tell green from black very well

Yeah i like the split bench. Breaks it up a bit. Actually the interior is pretty nice, not sure if its original or not but nice. The back seat is real nice with no rips at all. I pulled the carpet when i bought it just to see what i was dealing with. Its not too bad but the seam in the rear floor needs some attention.

The vinyl top is green... going to need replacing for sure but not many noticeable rust bubbles under it

IMG_6983.JPG

Yeah i like the split bench. Breaks it up a bit. Actually the interior is pretty nice, not sure if its original or not but nice. The back seat is real nice with no rips at all. I pulled the carpet when i bought it just to see what i was dealing with. Its not too bad but the seam in the rear floor needs some attention.

The vinyl top is green... going to need replacing for sure but not many noticeable rust bubbles under it

View attachment 1715255652
Nice, your driver's seat looks like similar wear as mine but mine has more wear in the vinyl and no bars. Very nice. You can get that material from SMS Interiors. I'm planning on recovering mine from their materials.

Nice, ill keep that in mind. It'll be far down the road before the interior gets tackled. Working on rust issues in the rear first, then trying to get the little slant working properly. Id like to be able to have fun with it while i work on it, rather than in pieces most of the time. She wont see daylight til the winter is done anyhow so now is a good time to start tearing the rear pieces apart and getting them fixed up.

-
Back