My Car & Paint....

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I recieved a phone call this morning from Brett, the gentleman who's doing the Barracuda. Wanna know WHY he called me? To tell me how BITCHIN` my hood, doors, and trunk look in LL1 Turquoise!!!!!!!!!!!! He painted the loose sheet metal yesterday, the jams and underhood get done this weekend, and....I can't believe it, the ENTIRE CAR gets painted next week! He was raving about what a great color it is and how good it looks on sheetmetal. Needless to say, I'm ready to give my boss a grade-A bullshit story and bail outta work early tomorrow and go see it, or wait until Sunday.

Paint. Wow.........
653.gif

AdamR said:
Awsome, Bail out of work and get us some pictures !

Yeah... bullshit story. THAT'S the ticket! Hmmm.. If I can connect the dots, you'll have pictures tomorrow.

If not, we're ALL gonna wait until Sunday.....

When I was a young guy....many years ago....there was a '67 Barracuda 'Vert painted that color with white top and a white gut. Amazing car!

How needs a BS story when I can kidnap you by gun point in about an hour?
Give me a call, lets talk. Eraseing the boss extra. LOL.

Seriously, this is great to hear.

Nice Car ! Those Are Some Great Pix ! Lots Of Hard Work Went Into That , Not To Mention The Cash, Would Like To See That Car In Person

When the painter gets excited about a color then you must be doing something right. A lot of the factory colors are really nice. I enjoy seeing these cars go back to their original colors. Can`t wait to see the finished product.

Can't wait!!
take care of business and then get some pics up for us.

Happy for ya.

Longgone said:
Can`t wait to see the finished product.

Me too. I'm at the point now where I wake up and the first thing I think of is where's the Z bar? Where did I store the scattersheild bolts? What box are the dome lights in? When's my engine & tail light harnesses gonna get here from Year 1? Did I torque the oil pump? Where's the rear window gasket? I need new radiator hoses.... I have to order a fuel lid..... Should I replace the fuel line now with 3/8"?

<sigh....> This is fun!
491.gif

Tell your boss the dog had the runs, then go rent a carpet cleaning machine and show him the receipts. Not that I have ever done exactly the same thing, not me, I'm to honest! :thumbup:

I can't believe you were still at work John. You must have tweeked a knee or something didn't you. Now get the hell out there and get some pics for us! Your going to be amazed at how much more fun it is to work on the car when you get it back. Ask me how I know. LOL

Jack

Coyote Jack said:
I can't believe you were still at work John.....

Truth be known, I'm glad I didn't run out today. I wound up clocking almost a $400 day....I gotta pay for these parts some how!
060.gif

But I tell you, if I have another good day tomorrow like today, Friday is looking like an early day for me.

FASTBACK340 said:
Truth be known, I'm glad I didn't run out today. I wound up clocking almost a $400 day....I gotta pay for these parts some how!
060.gif

But I tell you, if I have another good day tomorrow like today, Friday is looking like an early day for me.

$400.00? Nissan's never break down! :D

73roadrunner said:
$400.00? Nissan's never break down! :D

You kidding me? At the moment, Nissan is so far in the toilet.... EVERYTHING we sell has some sort of issue. It's so bad, we can actually MAKE money doing warranty repairs because we do the same repairs so frequently it's second nature! And the sad part is we've only started having quality issues ever since they started building our cars stateside....

Plus we're THE largest dealer in the tri-state area. Our customer base is HUGE... On a slow day we take in 50 cars a day. When we're busy we start turning away work by 8:30 am. and have taken in 130 cars or more. We also sell a huge amount of customer-paid labor. I may have been out of line bragging of what I can earn, but it is a cash-cow. The top guys can pull down some serious numbers
045.gif

FASTBACK340 said:
You kidding me? At the moment, Nissan is so far in the toilet.... EVERYTHING we sell has some sort of issue. It's so bad, we can actually MAKE money doing warranty repairs because we do the same repairs so frequently it's second nature! And the sad part is we've only started having quality issues ever since they started building our cars stateside....

Plus we're THE largest dealer in the tri-state area. Our customer base is HUGE... On a slow day we take in 50 cars a day. When we're busy we start turning away work by 8:30 am. and have taken in 130 cars or more. We also sell a huge amount of customer-paid labor. I may have been out of line bragging of what I can earn, but it is a cash-cow. The top guys can pull down some serious numbers
045.gif

so your pullin down serious cash right John??!! we know your a top guy!

340dartswinger said:
so your pullin down serious cash right John??!! we know your a top guy!

At least my car thinks I am with the way it wants money! Seriously, I do OK. Remember, we have no children, my Wife earns decent money, and my mortage (at the moment...) is small. That's why I'm throwing money at my car like I print my own....

We call your type "Dinks" where I come from, double income no kids :lol: I've got one kid still at home then I'll be a dink too. I know good mechanics make good coin but they do work for it, not every job is a fun one so good on ya.

-
Back