My Car Pics

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
As requested, here's a few more pics of my car.

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Oh thank you for posting.

Man, what a beautiful dart.

Can't wait to see video next....ha, ha, you see how this stuff is like drugs?

I see many trophies in this car's future.

just the right mix of yellow/black and chrome, very nice. I'm not a big lover of vinyl roofs but in this case I'd be willing to make an exception.8)

Terry

Beautiful car! I see you have 8.5:1 comp, I always thought with a blower you had to have around 7.5:1 comp. What kind of boost and fuel are you running? Kev

Very nice!

I'm running 8.5 in the fish, you just need to make sure your final compression is not to much if you drive it on the street. My final compression is around 12.4 and I can still run 93 octane pump gas.

Beautiful car! I see you have 8.5:1 comp, I always thought with a blower you had to have around 7.5:1 comp. What kind of boost and fuel are you running? Kev
Hello Kanders,

I put most of this engine together in 1988. I chose the 8.5:1 pistons as a cost savings measure. I have never had any problems with detonation but I did blow the head gaskets one time. I was running around 9 pounds of boost but after the installation of the roller cam the boost has dropped to around 5. The roller cam opens the valves much wider than the mild Crane Econopower that was in my engine until about 2 years ago. Because the valves open further the intake doesn't pressurize as much therefore the boost drops. I more than made up for the loss of boost with the roller cam and the head work. Also I can always put a smaller pulley on my blower.

Oh thank you for posting.

Man, what a beautiful dart.

Can't wait to see video next....ha, ha, you see how this stuff is like drugs?

I see many trophies in this car's future.
I actually have a short video of a burnout I did at the Nats this year in the hotel parking lot. My friend wasn't familiar with my camera so the video has a little bit of feet in it and he didn't start the camera at the right time, but I'll see if I can post it.

-
Back