My Dart Swinger Project!

-
On the pitman arm I believe there are 2 sizes of hole. There maybe differant lengths also. The early one is smaller diameter. Either gear box will work you just have to have the right pitman arm for it.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe your power steering pitman arm will work just fine.

The 2nd one has the coupler with it for 186 that's not to bad.
  • Couplers I think are being sold here for a lot less than that..... check for sale add here that says adaptor (but they are couplers.... LOL)
  • Difference in years..... Yes, the box will "work", however, if you use a pre '73 with pitman arm, you'll need to change your drag link, and all that includes.
  • For what it's worth, i bought both my manual steering boxes with couplers and pitman arm for 100 bucks. Show a little patience and shop, starting right here on FABO. Perhaps post a "wanted" add.

• Couplers I think are being sold here for a lot less than that..... check for sale add here that says adaptor (but they are couplers.... LOL)
  • Difference in years..... Yes, the box will "work", however, if you use a pre '73 with pitman arm, you'll need to change your drag link, and all that includes.
  • For what it's worth, i bought both my manual steering boxes with couplers and pitman arm for 100 bucks. Show a little patience and shop, starting right here on FABO. Perhaps post a "wanted" add.
Will a post 73 pitman arm fit on an manual gearbox tho?

The car is a 75. I would think that the pitman arm that is already on it can be reused with a manual box. As long as the manual box has the same diameter output shaft as the power steering box has.

The car is a 75. I would think that the pitman arm that is already on it can be reused with a manual box. As long as the manual box has the same diameter output shaft as the power steering box has.
I've never tried to do that. However, when I was doing this swap in the past, I know the manual pitman arm and power steering pitman arm have different part numbers

just get a pitman arm for a '73 and up manual steering
That's what I'm asking lol the 73 pitman arm shaft ID the same as before? For example if I get a manual steering gearbox off let's say a 68 will the 73 pitman arm still fit it?

I have a brand new pitman arm for my new power gearbox lol I guess I will try and sell it and go to manual. Damn peer pressure I let yall talk me into it haha

I have a brand new pitman arm for my new power gearbox lol I guess I will try and sell it and go to manual. Damn peer pressure I let yall talk me into it haha
So are you selling the pitman arm or are you selling the gearbox or are you selling both or are you going to keep the pitman arm and try it on the manual gearbox?

Yeah I like the patient's idea I bought my manual box for 50 bucks at the Swap Meet and then I think I got steering column complete for floor shifter for like $200.

So are you selling the pitman arm or are you selling the gearbox or are you selling both or are you going to keep the pitman arm and try it on the manual gearbox?
I will keep the pitman arm just to try it. But I don't think it will work the power steering pitman arm is listed at 1.1 id and the manual is listed at 1" Id but the manual box I saw was listed and 7/8! I dont freaking know lol

I found a manual coupler. Oldkimmer has some for sale on here. Are they all the same all years models etc? If so I will go ahead and pick that up

Remember don't forget you're going to want a manual column LOL
Your going to want to in a B & M slap stick shifter to be banging the gears!!!

That's already done I have a Hurst vmatic I put in it when I still drove the slant 6

If I found a good deal on a pre 72 gearbox Is the drag link pitman arm and idler arm the only thing I would have to change? Can i use my 73 up ball joints and tie rod ends ? I may have found a deal on the drag link (centerlink)

I don't think so they have two different listings for post 73 manual and power they have different spine od.

Just remember I was the one trying to talk you into the cheep motor...
You need to come to the realization you have mopar fever..

I will probably be needing your help when in comes time to tackle the transmission!
I would like to take my column out and round it off where the gear shifter use to be. I saw a how to on here about that. I may try it.

-
Back