My Dart Swinger Project!

-
I work nights for 2 weeks on a liftboat offshore, then home for 2 weeks of days. So sleep depends on what 2 weeks it is.

I work nights for 2 weeks on a liftboat offshore, then home for 2 weeks of days. So sleep depends on what 2 weeks it is.
We are supposed to work four 12s on four off but we are so short handed it's more like 6 on 2 off and not necessarily in that order lol. This week I'm working 8 straight, off 2 then 6 straight. The money is great but I have no time to do anything.

Grandpa always said, "Make hay while the sun shines". Dartfreak my good man take advantage of the situation while you can, you will be miles ahead...

Do you people ever sleep?
I'm going out to work on my car.........
No. I wish I could. I go down for about 3 hours a night and catch 2 cat naps during the day never exceed 45 minutes. I stay awake sometimes for 32 - 40 hours before I can shut off. When the stretch is that long, I’ll get 6 - 8 hours. And then there is a 50/50 chance I’m wrecked for the day.

I should start building engines for people since I can’t sleep. Oh wait! There’s the other half that would shoot me if I started machining something in the wee hours. Ya, not good.
LMAO

No. I wish I could. I go down for about 3 hours a night and catch 2 cat naps during the day never exceed 45 minutes. I stay awake sometimes for 32 - 40 hours before I can shut off. When the stretch is that long, I’ll get 6 - 8 hours. And then there is a 50/50 chance I’m wrecked for the day.

I should start building engines for people since I can’t sleep. Oh wait! There’s the other half that would shoot me if I started machining something in the wee hours. Ya, not good.
LMAO
That's about the way my wife is. I know I'm lucky still being able to sleep way I can. I'm usually done by 10. And if I don't get 6 or 7 hours I'm dragging all day.

I was going to give you a like, but I really don't. LOL
Actually I never minded the off shifts. Fewer neck ties around.
Yeah I used to do that s***. Do it while you're young!
That’s true and it allowed me to be Mr. Mom to my kids. I was almost always available. I’d tell the boss man, gotta go, kids in trouble. Never ever an issue.
I’m days away from 53 & still working 1 or 2 extra shifts a week. I will do a 3rd rarely because it is taxing.

Besides, there really is never enough money unless you walk into a BIG lotto win. And then your probably in trouble.

I want you to look at this horseshit!! I'm so damn pissed . Alot of yall know about me having to move all my stuff. Well I moved everything into a storage locker that I'm renting everything except the heads because I'm still working on them. Well I put them in my trunk of the my dart it doesnt leak so I figured it would be safe there. I figured wrong. I went to start porting on my heads again this morning after work and when I pulled my heads out of my car I was stunned they have started rusting already. Pretty bad only in a couple weeks. I guess it's the temperature change the metal gets cold at night and sweats and hit during the day but where it was in the trunk and was dark the moisture couldn't evaporate. I pulled them out and cleaned them up and layed them out in the sun. I think they will be ok but it's just the point. Iv spent 3 months porting them now I'm working backwards.

20190516_092628.jpg

20190516_092641.jpg

20190516_092613.jpg

20190516_092616.jpg

20190516_092609.jpg

Last edited:
That's just light surface rust, they'll clean right up. That casting will turn that way right away if it's in a humid environment, especially where you ground on them. Keep them in a dry place.

With the apple cider you have to neutralize it after it removes the rust. Or if you use the wash soda with the battery charger all you have to do is wash it off.
The apple cider vinegar will continue to eat at the medal if you do not neutralize it. The wash soda will neutralize vinegar. Isn't that neat.
Once you pull the heads out and wash them off after being neutralized you want to dry them quickly and spray some PB Blaster on them.

Last edited:
I want you to look at this horseshit!! I'm so damn pissed . Alot of yall know about me having to mice all my stuff. Well I moved everything into a storage locker that I'm renting everything except the heads because I'm still working on them. Well I put them in my trunk of the my dart it doesnt leak so I figured it would be safe there. I figured wrong. I went to start porting on my heads again this morning after work and when I pulled my heads out of my car I was stunned they have started rusting already. Pretty bad only in a couple weeks. I guess it's the temperature change the metal gets cold at night and sweats and hit during the day but where it was in the trunk and was dark the moisture couldn't evaporate. I pulled them out and cleaned them up and layed them out in the sun. I think they will be ok but it's just the point. Iv spent 3 months porting them now I'm working backwards.

View attachment 1715335922

View attachment 1715335923

View attachment 1715335924

View attachment 1715335925

View attachment 1715335926
Where’s the updates? Ready to hear this thing run already lol. Keep up the good work!

Where’s the updates? Ready to hear this thing run already lol. Keep up the good work!
Man I wish I had some. I dont have nothing but excuses right now! Haha I'm gonna try to get some done on my day off this week

Ok I finally got some progress going. Not alot but progress nine the less. I got my car moved out of the yard and into my driveway, got it up on blocks and got the rear wheels off. I cleaned out all the mud dirt and crap that got caked in the bottom during the move. I also worked another hour or so on my heads they are getting close to done I keep finding areas that need improvement but im about to call it finished. Next step is getting them and the block to the machinist and get the engine build going. In the mean time it time to start sanding and primering the engine bay.

20190527_084853.jpg

20190527_084920.jpg

20190527_083248.jpg

20190527_083252.jpg

20190527_090602.jpg

20190527_090624.jpg

20190527_084942.jpg

20190527_091511.jpg

20190527_082538.jpg

20190527_083214.jpg

Looking good! :thumbsup:
Thank you buddy.
Now its time to get busy the place I was ordering my paint from jacked up their prices about 30 bucks and I contacted spi about my epoxy it is gonna take about 3 weeks to get here. I'm seriously thinking about spraying the engine bay with lacquer primer, base and clear and skipping the epoxy. I don't want 3 more weeks of downtime. Lol

Thank you buddy.
Now its time to get busy the place I was ordering my paint from jacked up their prices about 30 bucks and I contacted spi about my epoxy it is gonna take about 3 weeks to get here. I'm seriously thinking about spraying the engine bay with lacquer primer, base and clear and skipping the epoxy. I don't want 3 more weeks of downtime. Lol
Whatever you do make sure all your paints are compatible...
Are you going to put the motor in with the K frame? Are you going to rebuild the suspension on the K frame?

-
Back