My Dart Swinger Project!

-
Got some more of the puzzle pieces today!!
Hopefully I will finish getting my suspension brake parts finished up this week. I did forget something tho I havent done anything with my spinals. I have to clean them up I'm not real sure about painting them tho.

Brake master cylinder and new lines are my next projects. I've rebuilt the back two drums already.

Last edited:
I got those lines and fittings and the spring wrap from Ebay i will post a link. They have it in a kit for 37 bucks. I got a line bender tool along with a flaring tool and pipe cutter for 24. I got my master cylinder from summit. And all my hoses came from rock auto.

I ended up buying a pre-bent full line set from inline tube. Mostly because I have limited time on the weekends to work, and also I'm not very patient.

I ended up buying a pre-bent full line set from inline tube. Mostly because I have limited time on the weekends to work, and also I'm not very patient.
Unfortunately I have more patience and time than money. I dont have alot of free time either but what time I do get to spend I try to spend it wisely. My project will take me longer but when it's done I will be all my work.

From my experience and knowing this car is going to get given to the Next Generation I never suggested this before but in this case I think a magnum swap?

From my experience and knowing this car is going to get given to the Next Generation I never suggested this before but in this case I think a magnum swap?
Maybe in the future. That is funny that you said that tho because I have never had any intention of that before but the last couple days i have been looking for 5.2 mag engine for a backup

I absolutely love 73+ A body cars. So good to see another 75 getting fixed up. People often hate on the later cars but I don't see anything wrong with them.

I absolutely love 73+ A body cars. So good to see another 75 getting fixed up. People often hate on the later cars but I don't see anything wrong with them.
I agree post 72 cars get very little love most of them are bought up and parted out for disk brake swaps. I know most ppl like the 73 and earlier taillights in the bumper but I prefer the 74 and 75 taillights and bumper looks more graceful and curvy to me.

I like the color for your Dart you got picked out, it will really pop in the sun light. The car I see in the pictures looks to be straight, any rust issues you may be concerned about? I always enjoyed making cars way better then they were before, you have a nice project car. I will following your post's...slow and steady wins the race.

I like the color for your Dart you got picked out, it will really pop in the sun light. The car I see in the pictures looks to be straight, any rust issues you may be concerned about? I always enjoyed making cars way better then they were before, you have a nice project car. I will following your post's...slow and steady wins the race.
It had some some a little rust I'm the lower quarter panels and floors and some in the passenger side frame rails. I took care of all that years ago when I repainted it the first time. However the frame rail I repaired was also on the inside and I couldn't get to it before. I got it all out capped it this time around. Its not pretty but its strong. I'm really excited about the color too it took me a while to decide I knew what I wanted in my and it took me a while to find one I could afford and be close to what is in my head lol. Thanks for following Hopefully tomorrow I will have some more updates and pictures. The real work is about to start time to strip/sand the engine bay and get it primered

Here are a few interior pics got alot of work to do.

20181017_183722.jpg

20181017_183732.jpg

20181017_183534.jpg

20181017_183529.jpg

20181017_183612.jpg

20181017_183539.jpg

Got a little more work done today. Put another coat of paint on the suspension parts I'd already painted also cleaned and painted my torsion bars and strut bars. And painted my kframe know I gonna wrap it up and tape it off so that I can sand and primer the rest of the engine bay pics to come

Here is a few of the painted Parts and kframe.
And of course a few of my helper.

20181018_171703.jpg

20181018_183527.jpg

20181018_183524.jpg

20181018_183519.jpg

20181018_183617.jpg

20181018_183608.jpg

20181018_183752.jpg

20181018_183550.jpg

20181018_183705.jpg

20181018_171720.jpg

Ok I got all the parts I painted yesterday inside I had to touch up a couple spots but they finally finished. I have everything completed for the suspension,steering and brakes. Now I just gotta get the engine bay painted so I can start reassembling. Its getting chilli in the evenings now so paint is probably gonna have to wait till next spring unless we get a week of warm before winter. But that is ok now it's time to focus on the engine and transmission.

20181019_173854.jpg

20181019_173839.jpg

20181019_173527.jpg

20181019_173909.jpg

20181019_173858.jpg

20181019_173519.jpg

20181019_173514.jpg

Lookin good man! Following along.
That black is laying down shiny, what is it?

Last edited:
One thing left I have to do before final assembly is press in the new bushings on the Uca and Lca. I hope I can do it without scratching them up bad. I'm gonna give the paint a couple weeks to cure really good before I try.

Lookin good man! Following along.
That black is laying down shiny, what is it?
Thanks buddy I'm putting alot if effort into something that's gonna be under the car that noone sees Haha. But I want it to be nice at least for a little while. What I lack in money I make up for in effort. Lol

Hey I've got some 74 tail panel stuff left over if you want it. Decent not perfect taillight trim, quarter caps etc. And a really nice Plymouth rear trim badge :poke:

-
Back