My Dart Swinger Project!

-
Looks great! So what did you wind up doing to fill the holes? Patch panel or weld up the holes ?
I cut it out and patched it then bondo over the patch and sanded it smooth. I forgot to take pics of the patch. It was ugly. It took alot of grinding to get it looking good. I suck at welding. Luckily I'm pretty good at fileing and grinding lol.

I’ve been wondering the same! I know he has been busy with work lately though.

Hey guys sorry I have been super busy at work here lately overtime is crazy right now I have been 72 hours a week since the middle of July. I haven't got anything done to the car at all I hopefully I get back on it soon. I will post updates as soon as I make some progress.

Glad your ok. Take the money while it's there. I know that deal. When it slows down you will have extra cash to put in your project. I work a lot of hours myself which is why my projects are slow going. I just collect up parts for them while I wait for time. Eventually you will have the time, and the parts will be right there waiting 4 you.

Hey guys sorry I have been super busy at work here lately overtime is crazy right now I have been 72 hours a week since the middle of July. I haven't got anything done to the car at all I hopefully I get back on it soon. I will post updates as soon as I make some progress.
Glad all is well!

Don't give 'em your right hand...… a few at your job has done that, right?

Don't worry you keep working and taking care of your family and I'll keep my foot in these guys asses....:thumbsup:
Just check in from time to time so we don't have to worry about ya...:mob:

Alright guys I finally have been able to get some work done I spent a couple hours the last couple mornings starting on my rear end I got it dissaembled the axles are out the backing plates off all the lines off etc I got all the old hangers cut off and made my first cut to narrow it. I ran into a speed bump with making the 2nd cut my dumb *** made the axle end the " long end" meaning that's the end I have to cut again and I cant figure out how to hold it sturdy enough to cut it. I'm using moparmandans pipe cutter and it's a chore turning it. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet but I will figure it out.

Oh i forgot the pictures I haven't taking any since I cut off the hangers on the other side but I will get some.

20190926_090822.jpg

20190926_090816.jpg

20190926_090806.jpg

20190926_090826.jpg

Yes it does. You need to have enough of the tube on either side for the 3" c channel to support it and keep it square so you can weld it.
Sure. I was referencing his situation only. In his thread. About his differential. Taking into consideration his photo's.

I cant wait to show off my dead sexy 8.8 I even got a summit racing chrome diff cover w chrome bolts for it. Things move too slowly in my shop though. Got a 13 year old with mental health issues. She is bat **** crazy, so my wife and I are always playing referee. Plus I will take my son out to the shop to work on the car when it starts cooling down.

Last edited:
Cut the tube on the diff again. Doesn't really matter where you take out the (2 7/8 ??) piece.
I'm game for that but..
Would that put the weld to far out causing it to be weaker? If yall think it would be ok thats what I will do it would have to be easier.

I agree, cut on the end attached to the pumpkin.
But you disagreed with Dan Haha jk fat fingers ok thanks that's what I will do then!! I think I have plenty of room for the "jig" cutting it from the pumpkin side.

I cant wait to show off my dead sexy 8.8 I even got a summit racing chrome diff cover w chrome bolts for it. Things move too slowly in my shop though. Got a 13 year old with mental health issues. She is bat **** crazy, so my wife and I are always playing referee. Plus I will take my son out to the shop to work on the car when it starts cooling down.
Yea I can't wait to see it too. It looks great from the 8.8 thread. You got alot of work in it.
Sorry about your 13 year old is she typical teenager bat **** crazy or really have something wrong that she cant help? We are having a time with my 13 year old son too he is a good kid but he is at that age where he is hard to handle.

-
Back