My Duster creates tornadoes

Rd8

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I am missing some type of shroud for the bottom of the fan/radiator. My driveway is dirt and on dry days my car kicks up huge plumes of dust ( I know.. Ironic). My big gripe is having to constantly clean the engine
because of all the dust that gets up in the engine compartment.

I can provide a picture, but I can see right down to the ground under the pullies. Is there something missing there?

Rengo

Reaction score
I live down the road from a truck stop, I dont even have to drive my car and it gets filled with dust. ;\
Gets old quick.

Rd8

Reaction score
Whoa.. You live in Agangua. I used to go camping out at a place called Dripping Springs when I was a kid. Don't know why I remember that so vividly. Yeah.. Dusty as he'll out there.

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you have a clutch controlled fan? Let the engine warm up a bit before taking off. Clutch fans will usually not freewheel when the engine is first started.
If you have a rigid fan, you might consider a clutch or electric fan. toolmanmike

Burntorange70

Reaction score
Whoa.. You live in Agangua. I used to go camping out at a place called Dripping Springs when I was a kid. Don't know why I remember that so vividly. Yeah.. Dusty as he'll out there.

Small world. LOL

Rd8

Reaction score
I think I'm missing the shroud. Can someone post a pic of what it looks like?

Rd8

Reaction score
I just looked at my Haynes book. I have one. It still kicks up a dust storm.
Wonder if there's some other remedy. I don't cate if it stirs up dust, just don't want it in the engine compartment.