My Duster was stolen

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
When I moved out to California last December. I left my three vehicles in the custody of my step daughter who promised me that she would look after them. Fast forward to last Wednesday. I called her and she told me "all three vehicles were stolen from her property". I do not believe she is telling me the truth. I think she forged my signature on the titles and sold these vehicles. I am heartbroken not knowing where my Duster is. My late wife bought me this vehicle and this car has a ton of meaning to me. I contacted the Sheriff in Johnston County NC and they took a report on all three vehicles. 2000 Ford F150 pickup, 2000 Hyundai Sonata, and 1973 Plymouth Duster. Now I guess I just have to wait until they investigate. If anyone out here has any information on where this vehicle may be. Please contact Detective Chris Adams at 919-989-5081. Or e mail at cadams@jcso.org. Thanks in advance.

Duster.jpg

Duster1.jpg

Duster3.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry man, I would be heartbroken if anything like that were to happen to my notchback. I wish I could help way up from Alaska, let me know if there's anything I can do. I really truly hope you get all three of your cars back.

I will keep an eye out in Ohio. Got a few connections it’s charolette pd so I’ll send them pics of the car also.

Ugh Tom, sorry to hear about this.....
I'm glad you posted but definitely not for this reason. I know you've been through enough in the past already........ I'll keep my eyes open for your car and send a prayer your way....
Chuck

When I moved out to California last December. I left my three vehicles in the custody of my step daughter who promised me that she would look after them. Fast forward to last Wednesday. I called her and she told me "all three vehicles were stolen from her property". I do not believe she is telling me the truth. I think she forged my signature on the titles and sold these vehicles. I am heartbroken not knowing where my Duster is. My late wife bought me this vehicle and this car has a ton of meaning to me. I contacted the Sheriff in Johnston County NC and they took a report on all three vehicles. 2000 Ford F150 pickup, 2000 Hyundai Sonata, and 1973 Plymouth Duster. Now I guess I just have to wait until they investigate. If anyone out here has any information on where this vehicle may be. Please contact Detective Chris Adams at Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1715111228

View attachment 1715111229

View attachment 1715111230
So sorry to hear. Got to love family. Will keep an eye out in PA

When I moved out to California last December. I left my three vehicles in the custody of my step daughter who promised me that she would look after them. Fast forward to last Wednesday. I called her and she told me "all three vehicles were stolen from her property". I do not believe she is telling me the truth. I think she forged my signature on the titles and sold these vehicles. I am heartbroken not knowing where my Duster is. My late wife bought me this vehicle and this car has a ton of meaning to me. I contacted the Sheriff in Johnston County NC and they took a report on all three vehicles. 2000 Ford F150 pickup, 2000 Hyundai Sonata, and 1973 Plymouth Duster. Now I guess I just have to wait until they investigate. If anyone out here has any information on where this vehicle may be. Please contact Detective Chris Adams at Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1715111228

View attachment 1715111229

View attachment 1715111230

Have to agree with you on stepdaughter involved somehow.
Why would someone steal all 3 ?????

Duster, understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to read Tom. Not sure which is worse, the cars being gone or the issue with stepdaughter.
Positive thoughts your way

Sorry for your losses. I do have to ask, why did she have the titles to the vehicles? If she did have the titles, and the cars were actually stolen, she should still have the titles. I will be going to Turkey Rod Run. Will keep an eye out.

Thats a bummer
Check craigslist, there should be some history of the ad. Not a 100% but there was one on there that looked like your car.

She said they were stolen. You say you think she sold them. Sounds like you had an idea that may not be the best place for them.

Should have sold them on your own. Atleast you would have gotten what you wanted for them.

I'm 99% sure I saw that Duster headed west on I-40, on a trailer a year or so ago. I don't remember what was pulling the trailer. I just remember thinking that you sold it pretty quick after you placed an ad on FABO. That's all I know or remember, so I hope you find it....or at least get the truth about what happened to it.

She said they were stolen. You say you think she sold them. Sounds like you had an idea that may not be the best place for them.

Should have sold them on your own. Atleast you would have gotten what you wanted for them.
You Dont Know The Circumstances Surrounding The Time Frame In Which I Had When I Left. I Was In Discussion With Curtis Yeoman from this site about purchasing the Duster. But It fell through.

It is what it is. You left them with someone it sounds you knew couldn’t be trusted and have now lost them. Move on then. What’s done is done.

well let me first off say I really hope that you get your cars back and that this sucks terribly. I certainly don't know the circumstances and what made you make this decision and run off on these cars so quickly?
If I was to send out any prayers which I like to send them out very sparingly it would certainly be for your stepdaughter and whatever her problem is. I like to think I save my prayers for The Human Condition mostly not for cars.
Without any more information then was given the only thing I can think of to say in all honesty is "a fool and his money are soon parted".
This obviously couldn't be a low on money situation if you have three vehicles especially a duster in that nice of a condition? Why one couldn't be sold to store the other two I'm still not sure but it must have been some kind of time crunch. Whatever that time crunch was I would have definitely put that duster away. I remember a time when I first got my duster which I paid $1,700 for and I was paying $250 a month for a storage unit till I had something better.
BECAUSE I WASN'T GOING TO TAKE ANY CHANCES WITH MY MOPAR/MONEY.

I can see leaving the cars where you had to, you felt you had no choice. But leaving the titles as well??????
One car maybe but all three, there is a coincidence beyond belief.
Sorry for your loss:-(
BTW, beautiful Duster!!

-
Back