My little project

-

supersean

Reaction score
Well its a 73 Swinger my dad has had for about 20 yrs now. He raced it a little and the started driving a friends car so the dart sat until I got old enough to drive a big car instead of the jrs. The car is leaps and bounds from where it came from,we've done everything ourselves, even the cage with a little help from a friend but all the body work, wiring you name it. I know its nothing pretty to look at right now and it wont be a show car or the fastest car at the track but Ill take great pride in knowing my father and I put all the hard work into it. Let me know what you think and give me some of your opinions on whwat color we should paint it. Thanks guys

P1010001.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010017.JPG

P1010005.JPG

driver side view3.lnk.jpg

i agree being the fastest or having the best looking car is not what counts. its the fun it gives you and all the pride you put into building it the way you want it!
my car is also a father and soon project i am real happy to have my father helping mee with it! i like white cars ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys. To start out I think were just going to put the old 340 back in nothing special done to it just so i can get used to driving it, then we also have a 288 cid super stock motor we need some heads for but it used to have a 5 speed behind it and ther guy told us it ran like high 6's -7.00s in a 3500lbs, which ours weighs prolly around 2900-3000lbs and he said the motor didnt start pulling hard until like 8500rpms so its a screamer and i cant wait to hear it :)

Your dad raced it a little? Looks like he raced it a lot! What a great foundation for you and your dad to begin with! Keep us posted.

P.S. - If it`s a full out race car , paint it something really LOUD!!!

Yea my dad raced it a little, it hasnt seen the track in prolly 10 yrs. We have put all new cage and everything in it so its pretty cool. Yea Id lke to put a nic apint job on it and make it fly but ya know, thats what we all wanna do..right?

Looks damn fine, it's the pride knowing that you did it, and did it well from what I see. Color should be what you like. I be;ieve that with an digital picture you should be able to find a paint or restoration shop with software to show you what different paint schemes will look like so you can be sure you will like it before you start and not hope you like it after it's sprayed, good luck!

I actually came across a few pics of the car about a year ago, there not the best but theyll give you and idea what we had to work with.

5-8-2005 9-15-33 PM_0014.jpg

5-8-2005 9-16-16 PM_0017.jpg

5-8-2005 9-15-21 PM_0013.jpg

Well starting off its going to be slow of course so I can get used to driving but after that we plan on building a 408 stroker with a decent seat of heads so if the car will run mid to low 6's I be happy.

supersean said:
Yea my dad raced it a little, it hasnt seen the track in prolly 10 yrs. We have put all new cage and everything in it so its pretty cool. Yea Id lke to put a nic apint job on it and make it fly but ya know, thats what we all wanna do..right?

Yup, you got that right!!! Lol!!!

-
Back