My New 66 Barracuda Formula S

-

CrazyManInCincy

Smile and Nod, Smile and Nod
Reaction score
attachment.php
\
attachment.php

The car is a Formula S car. It had the 273 Commando engine in it, 6 leaf/leaf springs, factory disc brakes on the front. . The car was not ordered with a console. The Formula S car also came with the 150 MPH speedometer and factory tachometer.
All of the chrome had been re-done.

Installed is Hurst Pro-Matic II shifter.The 904A 3 speed automatic was completely rebuilt a couple of years ago and has less than 500 miles since the rebuild. The transmission has a factory converter.

Upgraded engine from Mike Liston (MRL PERFORMANCE) 318 is now in the car.
The engine started as a 1978 block. Balance and blueprinted. It was bored .020 over and Mopar Performace pistons/H beam rods were installed. A Comp cam (20-309-4 268/276 duration, 222/226 @ .050 lift and .464 I/E set to 112* ICL 110* LSA) was installed.
Mike was the first person to install 360 Magnum heads on an old 318 block. The heads are bowl ported and gasket matched with 2.02/1.60 valves. The compression is 9.25 to 1. It has a Mopar Performance windage tray/double roller timing chain and gears
It came from Mike's with a Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake manifold. I installed a 600 CFM Edelbrock Endurashine carburetor, Spitfire headers, Billet aluminum pulleys, Mopar Orange Box electronic ignition, chrome alternator, and chrome flex fan. A new water pump was also installed. Mike still has the build records. He estimates the car to be somewhere around 375 HP/375 torque. In his words: "It is putting out similar horsepower as a 70's factory 440.

The rear end is the factory limited slip with 323 gears

I have the 273 Commando engine, the original small bolt pattern steel wheels and factory mag wheel style hubcaps. I have all of the parts to put the shifter back on the column. I also have a set of 15 inch small bolt pattern wheels rallye wheels (painted with center caps and trim rings) with matching tires mounted. I also have a complete PST front end rebuild kit and leaf spring bushing kit that are still in the unopened boxes that go with the car/ parts deal.

Attachments

• 00h0h_hjJCpjUaVOC_600x450.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 672
  • 00v0v_lnB141vzvre_600x450.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 537
  • 00Y0Y_bJqXDli9mpb_600x450.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 707
Welcome to FABO, sweet fish!!!!! I think this was a members car, belonged to "Glow Worm" possibly? Very nice ride and glad to see another 66 :glasses7:

sweeet looking 66..... im thinking the horse power ratings are way higher then reality,,

Welcome to FABO, sweet fish!!!!! I think this was a members car, belonged to "Glow Worm" possibly? Very nice ride and glad to see another 66 :glasses7:

After doing some searching on the forum it is Glow Worms car! He made this car awesome and he is an awesome person as well.

Nice car!

How did he get a Performer manifold to fit the newer "magnum" heads? Pretty cool!

I thought it looked familiar, and I don't mind seeing it again. She's a beaut!! Congrats.

A super build right there so glad to see it here and WOW!! WELL BUILT AND LOOKING GOOD !! LOOKING REAL GOOD :color:

Beautiful car, you should be rightly proud to show that off!! Me Likey....me Likey a lot!!! Geof

-
Back