My new headlight setup

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Last time I had my car out the races ran late and I had to drive home in the dark! Even with my high beams on the stock setup was scary. I know some will say that halogens are bad but they are much brighter. I also got the conversion lights with the LED halo rings. The halo light is setup on a remote switch and can be left off or turned on when ever. I know not everyone's taste but I thought they whee kinda cool. I also set up the new lights with relays.

IMG_5017_zpsmbivzmsr.jpg

IMG_5018_zpsxyfkkvnc.jpg

IMG_5021_zpsmwfpyaie.jpg

IMG_5023_zps2gjv5v5k.jpg

IMG_5022_zpsbo3itwpv.jpg

Not a halo fan, but the relay addition is the ticket with these cars.
Nice clean work as usual.

If the car ever sees rain or aggressive washing, you may wish you'd located the relays in a more sheltered location.

Where's the before n after pic of the light pattern? That does look sharp!

If the car ever sees rain or aggressive washing, you may wish you'd located the relays in a more sheltered location.

Where's the before n after pic of the light pattern? That does look sharp!

The car has drag radials and never sees the rain. As for washing. The relays are sealed from the top. They will never see submersion. The car is not a typical passenger vehicle any longer. It is more of a guided missile that silly rednecks strap themselves into

^^^^
Well, " that may not be for everyone", I think the setup rocks !!!
those halos are perfect :) ---- WARNING DO NOT STAND IN BEAM PATH ----
lol.

Can you change the color or do you have to buy a specific one? Any product info would be helpful. I think it looks great!

The car has drag radials and never sees the rain.

i run drag radials and a little rain in the forecast never stopped me
(of course, i also ride dirtbikes, so im used to steering with the throttle)

I misunderstood..... I thought these were LED headlights.... Its just the outer ring that is LED correct. ?

I misunderstood..... I thought these were LED headlights.... Its just the outer ring that is LED correct. ?

Yes they are h4 halogen bulbs for high and low beams. The led bulbs are in the rings only. They are also wired independent. They are illegal on the street. More of a novelty

Been there done that been victim of it?

Ayup, more than once. By nature most automotive-style relays are at best IP 54. Using the cheap Chinesium relays are way worse, the fit of the cover usually stinks to high heaven.

Many accessories on Harleys used relays and many Harley owners love to wash their bikes and many Harley owners throw a fit when their accessories don't work or start blowing fuses.

His orientation is good, but seeing that the vehicle is a guided missile, the velocities implied could create issues...

-
Back