My New project 1973 Challenger

-

Capt46

Reaction score
85929256-4AC2-4112-96B2-A246AB6CAA99.jpeg
BF8AC478-F2BB-4B2F-AB90-9AFCA83F6DA4.jpeg
3487A17D-6270-49D0-A3A1-DB041B46F65F.jpeg
749753A4-131A-4837-A2DB-80D2AB465F9D.jpeg
just acquired this Barn find thanks to a close friend.
Should be a fun one. 1973 Dodge Challenger Rally very strange car full rally tictoc gauges,
Air conditioning B5blue disc brakes power, had white top white interior column shift and found inside a complete floor shifter and console. Front fenders were sticking out of shed and cover was deteriorating NO FLOOR RUST OR TRUNK RUST AND ENGINE BAY IS CLEAN WITH ORIGINAL MARKINGS ON INNER FENDER. ALL ORIGINAL CAR. AND 318 engine weird but that is how it was ordered. Engine out and on stand.

Nice! Very nice. I have the sister car, a ‘73 Cuda, 4spd, 340 (long gone) 8-3/4/3.23 was stock in it. Medium bronze metallic, no vinyl roof, no A/C. PS/PB. White interior.

Are you going to document it here?

Nice find. I like Challenger's The column shift is rare. Odd it has 8K tac should be 7K. Actually looking at it you have a '70 Ralleye cluster.

The 8K could have been a last years left over. Not to many came that way. I wouldn’t call a tree shifter rare, just not so popular.

The 8K could have been a last years left over. Not to many came that way. I wouldn’t call a tree shifter rare, just not so popular.
Door tag manufacturer date 10/72 might be very last or very early 73? Again very odd things I’m thinking

I wonder if the column shift was an Insurance aid? Easy for the insurance guy to go "yep, on the tree so obviously not a performance car".

Would that have been a whole years leftover? They went to the 7 grand tach in 72, no? after looking at the pics again, that's a whole 70-71 cluster. The clock and odo resets are through the woodgrain, not through the speedo and tach lenses.

I had a 73 Rallye 318.

Born silver with black top and interior but blue when I got it.

Slap stick, AC, 3.23 sure grip, rallye dash.

Would that have been a whole years leftover? They went to the 7 grand tach in 72, no? after looking at the pics again, that's a whole 70-71 cluster. The clock and odo resets are through the woodgrain, not through the speedo and tach lenses.
You are correct it is a 70/71. It's not a leftover. Seats shouldn't have hard backs. Cool car though love the colors.

Well, that’s a good point. Something I don’t retain in my head anymore. What year had what option and when it started and stopped. If it is a resto I’m doing (LMAO, yea... imagine that crap!!!) then I’ll look it up. (IDGAF myself.) Then there is also fellas like yourself that know this stuff. Perhaps it was swapped out.

Clean start, you will need the metal brackets to mount the console and shifter.
I have the parts to get rid of the column shifter.

I would leave the column shifter in it if it was mine. My oldest brother ordered a 72 Challenger Rallye 340. Still has it today, 1 owner. He ordered his with the column shift, I always thought it was pretty neat, don't see it very often.

-
Back