My New project 1973 Challenger

-
Capt46,
First - Awesome find, looks to be a little crusty but no gaping holes.
Second - Can't wait to see what's in the trunk.
Third - Be like "Franky" and do it "your way". Side Note: I'd keep the column assy in the garage and go with installing the Slapper. Just My opinion anyhow.
Lastly - Subscribed

Capt46,
First - Awesome find, looks to be a little crusty but no gaping holes.
Second - Can't wait to see what's in the trunk.
Third - Be like "Franky" and do it "your way". Side Note: I'd keep the column assy in the garage and go with installing the Slapper. Just My opinion anyhow.
Lastly - Subscribed
AGREED

20210112_111113.jpg

Why? Does it HAVE TO BE RESTORED?
Is there an issue with those that don’t “Restore” a car properly?
I say your car your way and if others have an issue with it I say again, you should have bought it first.

I’ll gladly take any donations to do a proper resto.
:lol:

If the next car is as nice as his, I’d try a resto.
Otherwise.... LMFAOROF-IDGAF, It’s getting modified!!!

Why? Does it HAVE TO BE RESTORED?
Is there an issue with those that don’t “Restore” a car properly?
I say your car your way and if others have an issue with it I say again, you should have bought it first.

I’ll gladly take any donations to do a proper resto.
:lol:

If the next car is as nice as his, I’d try a resto.
Otherwise.... LMFAOROF-IDGAF, It’s getting modified!!!
Going to put my chevy 6 cylinder 4 wheel drive in it

Going to put my chevy 6 cylinder 4 wheel drive in it
And that would be the absolute top notch weirdest thing I have ever seen. And that’s OK.... for you. If no one else likes it, F#%^-em! Tell’em to move along, nothin to see here, move along move along....

And that would be the absolute top notch weirdest thing I have ever seen. And that’s OK.... for you. If no one else likes it, F#%^-em! Tell’em to move along, nothin to see here, move along move along....
Hahahahahhaahhahaha
No trunk opening today key trick didn’t work. Looks like a backseat dig into trunk

Cool car! I had a 73 Challenger back in 1976, that was a column automatic. The best part about no console, was that my girlfriend at the time easily fit between the seats. The only down side to that was she kicked holes in my headliner! Draw your own conclusions. :D

Cool car! I had a 73 Challenger back in 1976, that was a column automatic. The best part about no console, was that my girlfriend at the time easily fit between the seats. The only down side to that was she kicked holes in my headliner! Draw your own conclusions. :D
I know She told me
I know she told me.

Door tag manufacturer date 10/72 might be very last or very early 73? Again very odd things I’m thinking

It's just an early '73. And not even that early. Production for the next model year started in August, so there was a couple months of '73 production before that one. Nothing all that odd about it.

My '72 Challenger was built 8/71. It did have some leftover '71 stuff, like the late '71 fuel tank and '71 dated gauges. But it was a standard dash so they look the same as the '72's.

Nice looking Challenger, btw. Lots more solid than mine turned out to be!

Would that have been a whole years leftover? They went to the 7 grand tach in 72, no? after looking at the pics again, that's a whole 70-71 cluster. The clock and odo resets are through the woodgrain, not through the speedo and tach lenses.

Yeah that cluster has been swapped in at some point, that wouldn't be original for a '73. Not even an "early" one.

It's just an early '73. And not even that early. Production for the next model year started in August, so there was a couple months of '73 production before that one. Nothing all that odd about it.

My '72 Challenger was built 8/71. It did have some leftover '71 stuff, like the late '71 fuel tank and '71 dated gauges. But it was a standard dash so they look the same as the '72's.

Nice looking Challenger, btw. Lots more solid than mine turned out to be!

Yeah that cluster has been swapped in at some point, that wouldn't be original for a '73. Not even an "early" one.
I figured a swap. Now I have to find a 7000 rpm one thank you

I don't even want to try, looks like maybe a carbide drill bit to me.
I've reached though with a series of extensions and unbolted the latch on a couple of A bodies, didn't want to damage the trunk lid, not sure if it's possible on a Challenger or not, don't have one to look at and don't remember the design. Might be worth a look.

I've reached though with a series of extensions and unbolted the latch on a couple of A bodies, didn't want to damage the trunk lid, not sure if it's possible on a Challenger or not, don't have one to look at and don't remember the design. Might be worth a look.

I'm going to give it the old try. I had one as my first car and recall the same. Long extensions a half inch socket. I think

In my humble opinion (is there an internet abbreviation for that like LOL?), you don't have a Hemi, 440+6, T/A, or even a 340 car. Purists should quietly murmur to themselves, but otherwise keep quiet. Do what you want, build it the way YOU want to drive it, and apologize to nobody. You have an envious find; a clean slate that doesn't need 9/10 of the sheet metal replaced. Dude, have some fricken fun!

In my humble opinion (is there an internet abbreviation for that like LOL?), you don't have a Hemi, 440+6, T/A, or even a 340 car. Purists should quietly murmur to themselves, but otherwise keep quiet. Do what you want, build it the way YOU want to drive it, and apologize to nobody. You have an envious find; a clean slate that doesn't need 9/10 of the sheet metal replaced. Dude, have some fricken fun!
Just sit back and enjoy the ride.........
I'm sure it will impress. My 66 sure did when I posted my restoration here. Look up 1966 barracuda formula S on Google and you'll automatically see my old gal 4 speed console, factory air, factory disc brakes, and posi all original.

-
Back