my new project and many thanks tooooo

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
i would like to say thanks you to my buddy bob shingler, and lester ,along with my son and also tony (quicktree) for all the help to get to this point..

i am going to take the car apart and go over everything from front to back and paint everything...the car is very nice with some very nice parts on it..
73 duster full chassis car (art morrison chassis) and struts,also ladder bars..car has strange ford 9" with strange axles and back brace,willwood disc brakes all the way around,alum inter,full cage and funny car cage (should cert. to 7.50) new tire and rims, fiber glass front end and door...man i pushed this thing in the shop by my self then i pick the front end up off the ground by myself...should be a fun little project..now i just have to name it ..lol and get to work on it....but for now thats all tired and sleepy..slept bout 5hrs in the last 48 lol :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Attachments

• HPIM0755.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,653
  • HPIM0764.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,601
  • HPIM0763.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 2,636
  • HPIM0762.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 2,640
  • HPIM0761.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 2,647
  • HPIM0760.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2,649
  • HPIM0759.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 2,679
  • HPIM0758.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,675
  • HPIM0757.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,678
  • HPIM0756.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 2,657
last of the pics for now..even has a pic of the power plant:D:D:D

Attachments

• HPIM0764.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,602
  • HPIM0765.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 2,612
  • HPIM0766.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,598
  • HPIM0767.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 2,608
Thats going to one very nice ride.. good luck..

Nice to see progress,E.M.I would love to know what that sweetie,tips the scales when assembled.

i will keep you in the mix with weight.. as i said i can pick the front up off the floor about 1/2 foot by myself..lol hope to be at lease 2600lbs or under.. my plan is to run heads up and grude if they let me lol :D:D:D:D

hey dan yes that is tony old car...didnt know you was a member here..bob (bob shingler) told me he had talk to you a few days ago..hope all is well in the shop now i read that you had some problems from the welding shop next door and bob told me...hope to see you here more good place and good people..mike :prayer::prayer:

Looks like that will be a fun ride for sure!

Pink Terror?

It is pink on the front glass right? :p

lol no it is more purple...but that will be changed for sure...once i come up with a plan of attack then the paint and name will match...but most all the cars in the yard are gray like my truck in the pic and my 70 is dark bronze i think its called..so 1 of those colors forsure..i like the bronze and polised wheels myself..:D:D:D

lol no it is more purple...but that will be changed for sure...once i come up with a plan of attack then the paint and name will match...but most all the cars in the yard are gray like my truck in the pic and my 70 is dark bronze i think its called..so 1 of those colors forsure..i like the bronze and polised wheels myself..:D:D:D

Ah my bad, telling the diff between colors is difficult for me at times :(

yea we dont get to read much from dan anymore..:wack: always good to hear from the pros......:D:D:Dhow did the race go tony hope you won...mike

damn yea that sucks...glad you found the lights and stuff.. will be in touch on trying to get it ..do you think it would be hard to ship the glass ??? thanks tony...mike :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

damn yea that sucks...glad you found the lights and stuff.. will be in touch on trying to get it ..do you think it would be hard to ship the glass ??? thanks tony...mike :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:
yes definitely, i forgot I am not sure how much of the glass i have. you probably wont need it real quick someone may be heading that way or something

Nice looking car! :cheers: That's about what I'm planning for my duster as far as chassis goes as an end result in about 10 years, lol. I hope to see this around in the future :D

tin is out and car on stands..broke my drill bite so gonna pick some up today before i get to work...everything is nice,also ordered my sfi book so that should be here soon.. will keep the tread up to date with pics and info as i go.mike :D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D hey tony wish i had the money ...yea i remember you telling me it was for the glade..any idea of what master to use for the brakes??? didnt think the tire was so big..lol 31/18.5/15 damn.....

Mike you don't need 2 front cross members on the front. the big one was for a street car. they then added the round tube to hold the rack. look at any strut car you wont find the large cross member unless it was built for the street. the bottom mounts for the a arm will still be stronger than most race cars. if you cut the big cross member and cap it off I bet you will be fine. call morison and ask them. send them a pic.

hey tony that is what i was thinking on the cross member..i remember you told me you was going to cut it completely out.. i am going to clear everything and box it in....yea i have the hinges for the door...been looking at them and how they mount i may just use the stock type hinge without the springs..not to sure right now just been getting some things thought out on it...gonna try and get the bars in there this week then take stuff apart and put it back tog. and go have it cert.once i get that the build will start..lol i will keep you posted on it as you know more about it then others...thanks again tony ...mike

That looks like a real "ground pounder." Good luck with the build.

-
Back