My new ride, almost

-

qkcuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
After selling the cuda, and looking for a long time, I finally located a nice 1966 Charger and made a deal yesterday. The seller is headed out on vacation, so I will not be able to pick it for about a month, which may help weather wise. Since it's a B Body I may not be posting much here, but I may have engine and drivetrain questions to bounce off of you. Just happy to be back into the game...almost.

light blue charger.jpg

light blue engine.jpg

That's a nice looking car you (almost) have there.
Why not continue to be an active member on this site?
I get it, that FBBO would be more in touch with what you drive, but we're good people too...............lol

Congratulations on your new ride!
I've always felt the 1st-gen Chargers had one of the best interiors to ever come out of Detroit - with the 4 individual buckets seats and the full-length console.
Keep on posting pics of your '66 Charger here in FABO!

Congratulations on your new ride!
I've always felt the 1st-gen Chargers had one of the best interiors to ever come out of Detroit - with the 4 individual buckets seats and the full-length console.
Keep on posting pics of your '66 Charger here in FABO!

Here's an interior shot for you.

light blue interior.jpg

Yes this is an A body site, but... many of us are closet B body people!!!!! Some, hush my mouth, also have some Fords, and GM or even some foreign stuff! lol

Early Chargers are just plain cool!!! I say show it off to us.

Yes this is an A body site, but... many of us are closet B body people!!!!! Some, hush my mouth, also have some Fords, and GM or even some foreign stuff! lol

Early Chargers are just plain cool!!! I say show it off to us.

Lol.... I had an opportunity to snatch one of these up a few years ago but it would have been something else to lose interest in....

The interior shows how elegant engineers wanted the cars to look. Classy lines not matched today nor will it ever be. Nice car and color. Have fun with it.....

JW

I bounce back and forth between the sites.No A body at the time but 3 B bodies.

jamie loves those cars and woudl love to have that. me not so much..lol great looking car, enjoy.

My buddies dad has a 67 Hemi 4spd Charger...those dashes lit up and night are just sweet looking!!

After selling the cuda, and looking for a long time, I finally located a nice 1966 Charger and made a deal yesterday. The seller is headed out on vacation, so I will not be able to pick it for about a month, which may help weather wise. Since it's a B Body I may not be posting much here, but I may have engine and drivetrain questions to bounce off of you. Just happy to be back into the game...almost.

View attachment 1715460046

View attachment 1715460047

You know just as well as anyone we welcome all makes here, A body or not. Keep on posting.

I meet a guy way back in the 90's back in Albany, Ga. on a visit back home to visit my old mom. The guy had 6-7 first gen Charhers all needing restored, including one hemi version. But he had a perfect restored 68 HEMI Charger RT. He admitted he loved his first gen Chargers way bettter!!!!!

Those first gen Chargers look great with some wide tires on the back and the back end up a bit.
Just like the Dusters, Dart Sports, and Demons.........
But hey, I'm old school!

Concratulations again, happy for you. Early Chargers are in my opinion one of the prettiest cars made. Love the sporty classic design. I wish you much fun and always safe rides.

Cheers Wolfgang

Last edited:
Yes, Before Steve hit the big time we were good friends.I did several cars with him over the years between 1996 thru 2004.

Nice purchase, for me the 66 and 67 to look right is all about the stance and
filling out the rear wheel wells. Poly? can't tell if so keep it and stroke it.

-
Back