My new rims and tires

-

7DUSTER3

1973 Plymouth Duster 360
Reaction score
So after owning my Duster for 9 years i finally put new rims on the beast. We took a chance in hoping we could tuck a 10 inch tire under in the back. The back tires are flush with the top of the wheel well but stick out due to the body curve at the bottom. I'll eventually shorten the axle and or tub the car but that's another days project. The rims are 15 inch Cragar V-5's wrapped in Hancook tires. They match the color scheme I'm going for and will work wonderful for now. Anything was better then the beat up Centerline's i had.
Please excuse the absence of bumpers!

8 inch 195x65x15's in the front
10 inch 295x50x15's in the back

IMG_4766.jpg

IMG_4764.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

Thanks!! My dad and i have been going back and forth on what wheel/tire combo to go with for some time now and finally we just went with this. I think down the road i might invest in some 17's to go for a different look for the car but for right now this combo looks good.

I really like the orange/black combo. If you want to tuck the rear tires further into your wheelwell, you wouldn't necessarily have to shorten the axle. You could get wheels with a different offset to move the tire in - that is if they are available. You would probably have to move the leafs inward to get it to fit, but that might be cheaper and easier than shortening the axle.

I wouldn't swap them for 17's down the road. That car has a "BAD ***" stance and look to it just the way it is. JMO

Wow, love the look, I went the similar route. Black steel D holes 15x7 BS 3.75 rear 4.5 on the front with BFG TA's 235-60-15 all around :cheers:

Attachments

• th_2011-11-05_14-50-01_173-1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 797
i like it Scott. Your Dart looks pretty sweet.

The reason i say i might get bigger rims down the line is because this is the look we originally wanted to achieve. But im going to black out the bumpers, mirror, door handles and i hate rims with a chrome lip so the bigger rims will be all black also. But i'm really happy with what i have now so who knows......

73DusterComplete-v1-1.jpg

is that 15 x 8 inch wheel in the front? what is your backspacing? I'm trying to order wheels for my duster and thought 15 x 8 would rub my fenders. I have (2)195/65/15 tires just waiting to go on.

P.S. Awesome looking ride!!!!

I like the look it has now WAY BETTER than Bryce's car. Clean simple and no non-sense is were it's at, I was kinda liking that pro-touring look for a while but I'm over it.

Hey 68fsh,

Those are 15 x 8 w/ 3.75 back space. We spent alot of time with people on here finding out what rims and tires they were running to finally come up with this combo. From the the looks of it ,we hit it right on the nose . No rubbing at all.

Bob

It's funny you ask on the rear suspension, because thats one thing that we are still working on. We have the SS springs from Mancini Racing on it , one spring has an extra leaf in it so it sits higher than the other side.not a big fan of this, I understand this is for racing but we are not quite that far into it yet.

Bob

We're going to powder coat them black along with the mirror door handles and all of the locks.

-
Back