My phone service is knocked out due to explosion

-

Mopar-Mitch

Reaction score
I've lost my cell phone service due to the explosion in Nashville, still have internet service, I live on the Kentucky, Tennessee line close to Bowling Green and we lost service here, I was just in Nashville a couple weeks ago walking around and enjoying the downtown area, we always go around the holidays, I came down with covid right after that, these are some bad times were seeing, y'all be safe and prayers for everyone ! Merry Christmas !

My brother and nephew are in a hotel about a block from where it happened. He said it shook the hell out of the room and woke them up and scared the **** out of them..

My brother and nephew are in a hotel about a block from where it happened. He said it shook the hell out of the room and woke them up and scared the **** out of them..
That's scary, my cell service is AT&T, the building we call the Bat Tower is were they bombed, looks like that may be what they were targeting.

That's scary, my cell service is AT&T, the building we call the Bat Tower is were they bombed, looks like that may be what they were targeting.
The whole thing is wierd...looks like they didn’t really want to kill a bunch of people picking Christmas morning and playing the warning. My thought is a disgruntled former AT&T employee.

I thought about the election stuff, and then wondered why it was A T&T, its weird I have some service and lost some service, they've been giving out phone numbers on TV to call because our 911 service is out.

It's really scary hitting this close to home, I heard the Melting Pot is there were it happened, we were just there a couple weeks ago, had to take my grandson to Vanderbilt hospital for some test, thankfully he is alright now. Vanderbilt is the closest good hospital to me. I love Nashville it's like home, makes me sick to see this happen.

There were theories somewhere on the www that this was election related, "the servers" for "the machines" and so on

Mitch I'm surprised you lost service that far away. I can see "some areas" might not be accessible

There were theories somewhere on the www that this was election related, "the servers" for "the machines" and so on

Mitch I'm surprised you lost service that far away. I can see "some areas" might not be accessible

He might have AT&T cellular?

Yep it surprised me to, our local tv station in Bowling green broadcast that areas in southern Kentucky was affected and gave us emergency numbers to call because our 911 service is affected. It is only my AT&T cell phone that's not working, my home land line still works.

He might have AT&T cellular?

Doesn't matter, most/all phone systems should have "alternative routing" for circuits so as some part of it goes down, other parts take over. If his nearby neighborhood TOWER went off the air completely, I could see it

I used to install E911 systems, which mostly amounted (then) to in-building phone switches. Even back then in the analog days, systems were not dependent on one location to maintain at least part of the system.

Even in the limited world of 911 trunks if one dispatch goes down, there was (in the mid 90's) capability to re-route at least partial 911 service.

I can use my cellphone on the internet because I have it linked to my wifi, but I can't call or text.

I can use my cellphone on the internet because I have it linked to my wifi, but I can't call or text.
you've had enough issues lately without this happening. Take care and I hope things turn around in a hurry for you

-
Back