my project in danger

-

Andrezinho

Reaction score
as I live in Belgium, I started to make the process to approve the swap of 440 on my Dart. For the moment the news is not good. On the other hand it will be really very difficult. As the car is registered as 6 cylinder, it is practically impossible to change. I think I will have a definitive answer very quickly.
If the answer is really no, in December I would go and reassemble the original engine, and sell it to buy another with a V8.
it's a shame but I do not regret anything.

opening the hood is the first one to choose, to check the chassis number engraved on the interior on the passenger side with the riveted `` Belgian '' plate.
the original plate on the left side was removed by the authorities when the car arrived in Belgium in 1970.

Hope it works out for you.
What year is the Dart?
Hopefully any engine available that year would be OK for you to swap in.

I am sure glad my country (is not quite yet) that bad for laws and regulations

Is this the case? The original engine must be in place for inspection? To be legal?

Or is it the job of swapping the engines itself proving difficult?

as I live in Belgium, I started to make the process to approve the swap of 440 on my Dart. For the moment the news is not good. On the other hand it will be really very difficult. As the car is registered as 6 cylinder, it is practically impossible to change. I think I will have a definitive answer very quickly.
If the answer is really no, in December I would go and reassemble the original engine, and sell it to buy another with a V8.
it's a shame but I do not regret anything.
just put a 225 sticker on the air cleaner.

How many times will they inspect the car?? If they only inspect it once for the VIN then you can get it inspected with the/6 then swap motors. If they say anything about it later all you have to say is that the /6 blew up and all you had was the bigger engine to replace it with.

Last edited:
Just heat up the slant six.

Stuff like that doesn’t fly in other countries. It’s like living in Illinois California or New York

New York isn't so bad with older cars, because after 20 years old they only safety inspect them. And the best part is they only charge $10.00 whereas newer car check computer and $37.00 fee. Where they do screw us, thank you Como, register car for $100 and then add $30 use fee. I thought if I registered car I could use it. Just give us $30 more and then you can use it.

Last edited:
New York isn't so bad with older cars, because after 20 years old they only safety inspect them. And the best part is they only charge $10.00 whereas newer car check computer and $37.00 fee. Where they do screw us, thank you Como, register car for $100 and then add $30 use fee. I thought if I registered car I could use it. Just give us $30 more and then you can use it.
Lol. Nothing is ever truly ours is it

Stuff like that doesn’t fly in other countries. It’s like living in Illinois California or New York
Waaaaaaaaait a minute......

This ^^^^^^^^^^
And..……......

If you do an engine swap, no matter what the swap is, it just has to pass emissions. We have the California standard level. Being it is 2020, a 20 yo vehicle has a OBD2 computer. So! IF the check engine light is on.....
Yup, you have a problem. No light, no problem.
Stuff a gen 3 HEMI in a Hyundai ELANTRA? Sure!
No light, no problem.

Now, what about a gen 2 - 426 - 671 blown, in the above car?
Register it as an exhibition car. No problem! Start driving!

I am sure glad my country (is not quite yet) that bad for laws and regulations
Here in MB there was discussion about v8 swaps, may be forbidden. But that being said,there are thousands of hot rods and rat rods that were swapped. Its been done since the beginning of time. The horse died so you motorized the buggy...

Vehicles over 25 years and have obd2 are exempt from computer check. I just checked NY state inspection site.

I mean just doing whatever you want and not expecting a reaction from the government
Over there they will just take the car from you like I said just keep voting Democrat and they will flat outlaw the cars. In California they have already said it will be illegal to sell gas powered vehicles in 2030
Educate yourselves it’s coming

I mean just doing whatever you want and not expecting a reaction from the government
Over there they will just take the car from you like I said just keep voting Democrat and they will flat outlaw the cars. In California they have already said it will be illegal to sell gas powered vehicles in 2030
Educate yourselves it’s coming
Ah...

-
Back