My Son Just Got Word His COVID-19 Furlough Is Ending - with a pay cut

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
GOOD NEWS: My son got the call yesterday letting him know his COVID-19 furlough will be coming to a close and he'll be returning to work in a couple of weeks

BAD NEWS: He'll end up taking a $50 per month paycut since the COVID-19 stimulus extra $300 per week added to unemployment totals more than his usual monthly pay.

He's just happy to be going back to work. He told me he feels guilty sitting at home and getting paid for not doing anything. I must have done something right if he feels like that!

He should be able to make up any loss in pay with the new (today) stimulus Biden deal if he goes back to work and has a cut in pay

Yup just keep printing money
Well if I was rich I would have made millions on the tax break that Trump gave to the millionaires, no problem printing money back 3 years ago!!! But I'm not rich so I have to get any crumbs they offer. I worked for 50 years and never claimed unemployment one time.

There will always be rich and poor people stop crying and get off your *** to better yourself instead of looking for hand outs

When my son's furlough ended it was with a layoff. He was working again about two weeks later. He lost some pay, but he's also working fewer hours. In many ways he would have been better off if the layoff had come sooner, but he was able to be off work when their new house was "built" (manufactured).

-
Back