My uncle's Charger

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
My uncle has been restoring a 69 Charger R/T SE for years now. Put tons of time and $$$ into it, and it is now finally finished.

We went to World of Wheels and he let us come over and take some pictures of it before he puts it up for sale. He didn't even have time to wash the dust off of it, but it is a real nice car...

It is a 4 speed car, that someone put an automatic in and raced for a while. He did get the proper trans for it. I believe that it is the original numbers matching engine, but not numbers matching trans. It idled very smoothly cold idle immediately after starting it. It sounds all stock...

Here are some pictures (and it's not made up to be a General Lee):

View attachment Mark Chrgr C01 B2.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C02 B2.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C05 B2.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C10 B.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C17 B0.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C21 B0.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C27 B0.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C25 B0.jpg

View attachment Mark Chrgr C30 B.jpg

Is the vinyl top tan or white?

The paint and interior color combo is beautiful. And if the top is actually tan, that'll be wild! We need some pics of it clean and out in the sun.

Is the vinyl top tan or white?

The paint and interior color combo is beautiful. And if the top is actually tan, that'll be wild! We need some pics of it clean and out in the sun.

It's a tan vinyl tip and matching tan leather interior.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!

That's an awesome color combo.

Thanks.

I like the color combo also. I believe that it's the original colors.

He said that the original owner special ordered it and basically got the R/T and SE package and may have deleted a few things "for the strip". More for performance than pet comfort was the theme...

I'm sure he'll get a good price for that beautiful 4-speed Charger.

The green/saddle combo is very nice, you rarely see, seems like '69 was the main year for that rare combo.

Yep :color: that is a dandy right there Karl :glasses7: Is this the son that blew a clutch out in his Cherokee ?
Is he thinking he should be the next owner :toothy1:

I love the wheel covers and stripe delete! What a sweet combo, gonna be an expensive car :glasses7:

Yep :color: that is a dandy right there Karl :glasses7: Is this the son that blew a clutch out in his Cherokee ?

No, my oldest drives the Cherokee.

The youngest drives the Grand Cherokee when the weather is bad, but saved up and bought himself a 97 Jetta for economy. The Grand Cherokee guzzles PREMIUM gas, and he wanted a 4-cylinder stick shift economy car for every day driving. We did look at some Fords and GM cars, and even a Neon R/T, but the Jetta was a better deal. Low miles and better body, so we went with that...

He insisted on getting a manual trans, so he could learn to drive stick. I took him out for the first week and gave him lessons until he got comfortable driving it on his own.

We finally got him interested in cars about a year ago. I gave him a 360 to build. We tore it down and hopefully will be building it soon. Then he will be looking for an A-body to put it in. He likes Demons/Dusters and is leaning toward finding one to put his engine in when it's done...

He's a little more level headed than his older brother.

The older brother likes to show off and drive fast.... Kinda like Smokey and the Bandit....

They're both good kids, but have their own personalities... :cheers:

I wish I had the money to buy it. :D

No matter what he gets, my uncle will loose money on the deal, he put alot into it (his wife would kill him if she really knew).... :violent1:

I've always loved the style of the 68-69 Chargers. My dad had a 68 when I was a kid. We LOVED dad's Charger. It was the best car in the world to us when we were kids... There may have been better cars than dad's, but to us dad's was the best.... :cheers:

No, my oldest drives the Cherokee.

The youngest drives the Grand Cherokee when the weather is bad, but saved up and bought himself a 97 Jetta for economy. The Grand Cherokee guzzles gas, and he wanted a 4-cylinder stick shift economy car for every day driving. We did look at some Fords and GM cars, but the Jetta was a better deal. Low miles and better body, so we went with that...

He insisted on getting a manual trans, so he could learn to drive stick. I took him out for the first week and gave him lessons until he got comfortable driving it on his own.

We finally got him interested in cars about a year ago. I gave him a 360 to build. We tore it down and hopefully will be building it soon. Then he will be looking for an A-body to put it in. He likes Demons/Dusters and is leaning toward finding one to put his engine in when it's done...

He's a little more level headed than his older brother.

The older brother likes to show off and drive fast.... Kinda like Smokey and the Bandit....

They're both good kids, but have their own personalities... :cheers:

Well I know you are a great father and dun a super good job raising them (job never dun) yea, my two sons are like night and day, But that's the way it goes :D and I bet we like it that way :) Keep up the good work Dad :cheers:

I wish I had the money to buy it. :D

No matter what he gets, my uncle will loose money on the deal, he put alot into it (his wife would kill him if she really knew).... :violent1:

I've always loved the style of the 68-69 Chargers. My dad had a 68 when I was a kid. We LOVED dad's Charger. It was the best car in the world to us when we were kids... There may have been better cars than dad's, but to us dad's was the best.... :cheers:

Dad's car is always the best :D Mike and Creed are always telling me I sold to many of them, there favorite was my 340 R/T Challenger 4 speed car but mine will always be the 70 plain

Jane teen 70 Barracuda :color:

Nice.But why do all that work for years and then sell it?

I totally agree, but he needs the money... Bills to pay...

He was going to sell it a few years ago, but nobody would give him close to what he had into it. It didn't need much more to finish, so he decided to finish it so he could get more for it complete than a 90% finished project.

Nice car!

Was surprised to see no P/S or console on a R/T SE car. But like you said it was ordered for the track.

I too love that color combo. love the tan in those B bodies! great car!! a shame to let it go, but maybe too nice for some to drive and enjoy?

-
Back