My69ValiantProject

-
Cool. I've got about 50 in on just my engine compartment. Another couple days and that part will be ready for paint. So much more left to do.

Yup I hear that. Lol next week will be doing the floor . Clean it up POR 15 the whole floor and all new seam sealer , then the sound deadener and carpet.

Just finished up the interior almost lol . Did the por-15 put the sound deadener in installed new carpet, put bucket seats in,kick panels and painted back seat was gold now black. Installed seat belts from a dodge van worked out nicely. Just need new headliner and door panels and install gauges. Also got a new grant steering wheel. Car is now all black primer. I have pictures but computer is down will post when I can. Thank you everyone for looking .....dave

I have more pics but no computer. It's all packed up waiting on the move. So much stuff to move. 20 plus cars and parts. Ugh... Well put new grant steering wheel in valiant. Started doing the gauges, have to run the wires for them.. That's all I got for now will post more pics when I can. Thanks again for looking everyone, Dave....

I've lost track if how many hours I've got into mine since I've taken it over to my buddy Dan's.

Went to Englishtown for the mopar show last Saturday. Pick up my new flip top gas cap and some polished sill plates used but nice. Waiting to hear back from fabo member 4mulas. on his adapter. Finished up installing water,and oil pressure gauges. While installing gauges I'm laying under steering column and I press the gas pedal down I see the plate the pedal is mounted to flex like a quarter inch or more. So I wedged a piece of wood (temporary) under it and took car for a ride throttle response is instant felt like I gained 35 hp. So will be taking care of that tomorrow. That's all I have for now kids. Dave...

Hey Denny, My door panels aren't that bad for now,will get new eventually. Need headliner real bad. Wasn't sure if hardtop and post car took same headliner my buddy says they are the same. Was going to get the window sweeps at Englishtown but none of the vendors had them.

Try legendary. I had ordered a set but canceled my order since they were on back order but should have them in now. When I ordered mine from Dante's he only had one set in.

Well had last Friday off so I took the valiant for inspection. Didn't. Know that in Pa. you only need one sticker no emissions (woo hoo) lol. The guys at the garage liked it . Car look more like a rat rod all primed black,black interior cop wheels with bfgs. Had to do a burnout when I left. Gave me all thumbs up. Cleaned up the trunk area and por-15 most of that. Having an issue with my reverse lights staying on new switch in trans had it working maybe shift cable is out of adjustment???? Still in the middle of trying to move what a pita....

My wife bought me a b&m hammer shifter about 5 years ago. I have my 5" tach mounder off the front of it.

Nice, yes mine works great looks good in car. But I will be needing a new cable since I already burned it on the headers.

My buddy Justin went thru 2 of them and on the third he wrapped it in heat wrap for spark plug wires.

Yes that was the plan. I have the heat wrap tubing but I think I will get a new cable first. I have to take car to my buddies place and put it on the lift. Had a new Speedo cable to put on also, but now I have to buy another one since I had it laying around and broke locking piece off of it. Gonna try and do the upper control arm bushing this weekend got poly ones then try and align the front end. Will see how that goes. Lol. Still have to slop on some seam sealer in the trunk.

I like your car! i´m searching for exhaust solutions at the moment, are you able to make a sound file? already have a 3" exhaust with H-Pipe, summit welded mufflers dump before rearaxle....too loud, bad interior vibration.

nice to see another Valiant rescued!

Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for looking. No way at the moment to do a sound bite in the middle of moving sorry. Car has 383 BB auto, full TTI exhaust 3 inch with H pipe and fully welded thrush mufflers has a nice sound when idling pretty loud when driving its got 389 gears so when cruising at 2600 rpm . You gotta talk loud while driving. Lol I like it, Dave...

Be a couple more weeks and I will post quite a few more pics. Finally going to move,changed address yesterday at post office. The fun just never stops.....

Cars to move to new place neighbors are gonna love us. Lol. 68 valiant,69 valiant,73 dart sport 340 auto with ac.,65 belvedere,66 belvedere 383 4speed,71 demon,66 coronet,77-300,72 340 4speed cuda,53 dodge dump truck,54 pickup first year v-8 ,90 dodge van 89 ramcharger,77 dodge pick up,98 Durango,3or4 other pickups going to the scrap yard.,87 crown Vic,92 GMC jimmy,85 BMW,and a motor home. So the move is taking awhile.plus motors other parts enough wheels and tires to reshoe all the vehicles above. I think I got everything could be wrong.lol

-
Back