Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
I'm upgrading to 68/9 SS ws trim on Dads 67 cuda. Bottom piece is in best shape. You can see the "foil" is wrinkled. Top piece got seperated by glass guy when removing. Side pieces looked like they had shrunk but otherwise in good shape.
Bottom piece I believe is used in 67-9 Abody convertibles.
$75 plus ride for all 4 pieces.
Thanks
Steve

20220623_003626.jpg

20220623_003725.jpg

20220623_003819.jpg

20220623_003838.jpg

20220623_003848.jpg

20220623_004215.jpg

I'll get measurements Dana. Its "somewhat" flexible. These were made and designed that way. I'm "almost" regretting removing this, as upon removal the pinch weld area of our 67 is near mint with no signs of leaks.
Steve, how long and how flexible is the bottom piece

"somewhat" flexible
Not brittle would be what I'm looking for.

Mine might be a aftermarket from the 70s or 80s and everytime I touch it it breaks.

If it's not brittle and is long enough I'll take it.

Hi Dana, so the bottom piece measures 54" as the "crow flies".
When I bend tape measure to fit, its approx 56".
The pass side end is SLIGHTLY messed up but the ss corner piece covers that anyway.
I have corners also but gotta chk if I have all 4.
Here is a link from Precision Replacement for 67 Dart/cuda.
https://www.prp.com/product/detail/351731
And here is for 67-9 convertible
https://www.prp.com/product/detail/351730
Steve, how long and how flexible is the bottom piece

20220623_102754.jpg

20220623_102947.jpg

Well damn, heres pic, looks like for whatever reason, it's short. Aesthetically I wasnt happy with it, plus with my dash coming out(requiring ws removal) I decided to replace with 68/9 style SS trim.
Now $50 if interested or trade for 67 cuda stuff?

20211031_135740.jpg

Within months the trim started shrinking. I have a receipt for new trim on my car, car was 8 months old.

Alan

Steve, would you be afraid to streighten it out? ( For fear of cracking?)

I'm thinking for my dart convertible.

I have a NOS non convert and it measures 58 mostly streight. Which is just about right a little overlap at both ends.

Part of me is thinking with the parts of mine that are ok and the one your selling I could piece together a full strip. Right now I have a 2 inch missing piece and all the chrome is off

Don't put too much effort into a shipping quote but... Postage to Colorado 80526

I'm on the fence a bit.

Last edited:
I hear ya Dana, I dont want to straighten it, this stuff is rigid, not brittle, but its moulded that way. I will get a ship quote. It would either be boxed or in a tube of some sort.
Steve, would you be afraid to streighten it out? ( For fear of cracking?)

I'm thinking for my dart convertible.

I have a NOS non convert and it measures 58 mostly streight. Which is just about right a little overlap at both ends.

Part of me is thinking with the parts of mine that are ok and the one your selling I could piece together a full strip. Right now I have a 2 inch missing piece and all the chrome is off

Don't put too much effort into a shipping quote but... Postage to Colorado 80526

I'm on the fence a bit.

The nos piece I have is basically streight. It is flexible enough to form a curve.

I understand your hesatance to try to streighten it out.

54 years ago sun and humidity etc. Takes a tole on plastics
Did the glass shop remove it or did they cut the seal away from it? ( Just trying to judge the robustness of it.)

I dont believe its original, its a PRP piece. Not sure how old it is though. At least 10 years old, that's how long we've owned the 67.
Piece was pulled out from gasket. If it was me, I would put in warm water to see if that helps. I wouldnt trust a 55+ year old mylar gasket, NOS or not. Just my opinion .
The nos piece I have is basically streight. It is flexible enough to form a curve.

I understand your hesatance to try to streighten it out.

54 years ago sun and humidity etc. Takes a tole on plastics
Did the glass shop remove it or did they cut the seal away from it? ( Just trying to judge the robustness of it.)

The one on my dart is most likely a repo from the 80s it had chrome on the outside. The nos I have has chrome on the inside and the profile is the same as "original" in post 12.

Steve are you still looking into shipping cost for me?

I can get you a quote if interested. These pieces the mylar is in the middle.
Thanks.
The one on my dart is most likely a repo from the 80s it had chrome on the outside. The nos I have has chrome on the inside and the profile is the same as "original" in post 12.

Steve are you still looking into shipping cost for me?

I have an NOS side piece 2811905 19" long, and an NOS upper piece 2811907 48 1/2" long (correct for a 2DRHT) if that helps anyone. They have the foil sandwiched in the middle between the outer surface and the base. Having been stored for 55 years in the original packaging, the plastic has yellowed a bit to where they look slightly gold colored now. Still nice and flexible though. They might be great for an original survivor that wants to match the rest of their aged lock strips. PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back