Name this intake…

-

Garethw

Mopar. Because rocket science is too easy.
Reaction score
I think it’s a 340 intake. A local guy is selling it on FB. I asked for a part number but thought I’d throw out a quiz for you guys. Photos are from the seller.

BDD9832D-4494-4B88-A420-6CB55872891E.png

574137C9-365A-4747-AAE6-4BBBC5C11B00.png

74 and up small block 4 barrel. See the EGR provision, driver's side.

74 and up small block 4 barrel. See the EGR provision, driver's side.
I was just about to ask what that was. Thanks. I’m considering picking this up for my 318. I assume there are no drawbacks to this style with the EGR port?

Also, is this water inlet placement better when adding a Sanden style compressor on passenger side?

I was just about to ask what that was. Thanks. I’m considering picking this up for my 318. I assume there are no drawbacks to this style with the EGR port?
Naw. It'll run good.

That is a late la tq or Qj intake, you can tell by the thermostat location. Probably from something 1980 and up. It will work, but you may need a different upper radiator hose.

Don’t worry about the missing and therefore not functioning EGR
Rick the intake!

That is a late la tq or Qj intake, you can tell by the thermostat location. Probably from something 1980 and up. It will work, but you may need a different upper radiator hose.
‘80 and up it is. The rad hose will or should bend enough without issues.

My 88 D350 truck has the similar intake. And yes the off set thermostst is to fit the Sanden style compressor.
Difference is My truck in 88 has a electric choke Quadrajet when Carter was out of business.So no choke well.
I think 85/86 was the begining of the Quadrajet.

Waste of money.
Depends on the reason such as, price, usage, and wallet thickness. There’s also the personal challenge to use inferior equipment to go as fast as you can. Experimenting as well.
Can I duplicate a FAST class car?
How about a sleeper in this fashion?
Killer wolf in sheep’s clothing!

I know guys that get them extrude honed and acid dipped to cheat in stock class.
Everybody cheats in one way or another.

I know guys that get them extrude honed and acid dipped to cheat in stock class.
Everybody cheats in one way or another.
I disagree …. I have not seen such a rule ….
:lol:
If it is not a rule ….. then I’m not cheating!
:lol:

I think it’s a 340 intake. A local guy is selling it on FB. I asked for a part number but thought I’d throw out a quiz for you guys. Photos are from the seller.

View attachment 1715809136

View attachment 1715809137
Not a 340 intake. Looks to be a '80-4? 318/360 intake. What's the casting number and date code? Oh, and have done what Max1196 shows. TQ intakes were very prone to cracks in that area. For example, when was the last time you found a good TQ cast iron intake for a 440? I've magged over 200 or those intakes and found 3 that weren't cracked. The 400's weren't much better. The small block intakes weren't quite as bad, but, it still happens more often than you think.

As long as it doesn’t suck up oil or coolent……

The problem with those cracks is that they eventually go through the floor of the intake and into the exhaust crossover. This causes all sorts of performance, idle, and emission issues.

-
Back