NASCAR Sucks!

-
Daytona is a wreck festival caused by under talented aggressive drivers.
Always the main characters involved, one that comes to mind is Logano.
Joey needs an attitude adjustment.
The bump draft is a joke
He got one a few years ago. Kenseth got messed with by Joey before this.. Kenseth waited until he wouldn't wreck anyone else, and took him out. 'Musta had a tire go down'.

Isn’t that what I said?

Drivers and teams compete now, not the machines.
"NASCAR doesn't stand for "stock cars" any more, it stands for "Spec Cars", and that's exactly what they are. I don't know why they even pretend they are driving Camaros, Mustangs, an Camerys.. Everyone is driving the same care with the same engine build the same way by various builders. It no longer matters what car brand you like, there's really no differences in NASCAR (National Association of Spec CAr Racing).

"NASCAR doesn't stand for "stock cars" any more, it stands for "Spec Cars", and that's exactly what they are. I don't know why they even pretend they are driving Camaros, Mustangs, an Camerys.. Everyone is driving the same care with the same engine build the same way by various builders. It no longer matters what car brand you like, there's really no differences in NASCAR (National Association of Spec CAr Racing).
I also am no longer a fan. I remember when the Daytona 500 was must see TV.
I watched 0 minutes of any Dayton’s over the past 5 or so years. I don’t blame that on the spec cars. Those are a fact of life because auto racing can no longer have racing accidents that kill off the participants. And that is a good thing. Ryan N would have been far worse off in that accident in a Grand National Stock car of the glory days.
My lack of interest is due to the lack of actual racing on the track, the multiple pit stops, the on going jiving of all pro and big time college sports. But mainly I don’t follow big time TV sports because I have developed my own interests so that I really just don’t have the time to sit and watch someone else have fun. I am having my own fun working on or racing my own car, participating in my own sports hobbies, bowling in the winter and golf in the summer, or watching grandkids developing their interests. And I like life that way.

It´s just so boring . Might as well watch a train go by for two hours . Then for someone to win , causing a big wreck seems to be the solution , not actual racing .

You are mis-informed. GM, Ford, and Toyota all have different engines for the Cup series. The cars are built by the teams and/or various chassis builders. So they are not all the "same" either.

I lost all interest decades ago when they were factoring Ford and Chrysler because they were going too fast for the cry babies.

next year they are going to a one piece composite body that all the teams will be issued. just wait until one of those explodes on impact. that's going to be exciting to see flying roll cages with wheels at 200 mph. the whole reason for restrictor plate were to keep the cars at or around 200mph. they don't want them doing to do 225+ down the straight aways and flying off the track

I’m sorry, but all lives matter. I’m not sure what NASCAR is trying to do here, but these actions will continue the downward spiral they are on. I used to be a diehard fan, but I’ve slowed to watching a race or two each year on TV now.

Try watching some of the OZ racing on MAVTV. Pretty interesting stuff.

The "one body good for all" took most of the fun out of it for me. With 10? car owners controlling 2/3 of the field. There was a time when I would mark Daytona on the calendar and tell the wife to do whatever she wanted just don't expect me to join you if it interrupts Daytona :lol:.

Meh...Chrysler dominates in 69/70 with the winged cars...no one can touch them. Who wants to race when your saddled with an inferior platform...shades of the early 60's Valiant NASCAR Compact sweep and cancellation due to lack of competition. Allow unlimited design and motor changes and it will become the richest manufacturers race and everyone else will pull out with no R&D budgets. Now make everything available to the public like the OLD rules (1000 examples sold, over the counter Hyper-pak setups available, etc) and it would become a little easier to follow, but then again you get Fords 427 SOHC that was made 'available' to meet the 1000 units sold, but you better bring your "Ford factory support" card to get one as very few made it out the door to privateers and general public buyers. Remember IROC series, (pink and purple cars?) BORING! They should start televising the diesel big rig truck races from Oz.

Nascar banned the Hemi. I guess they were afraid to go fast. Maurice Petty Builds a stroked 340 and the King starts winning again. Over the years they abandoned the small tracks them brought them to greatness. I hope the seats remain empty when they try to sell tickets again. My .02

I still love it. Been a huge fan since the '70s. So I think I've seen nearly everything. The "make" on the cars don't matter much to me. Things change. You cannot run any "stock" car at those speeds and not have a bunch of dead/wounded drivers (like in the old days). I like the racing. The race at Martinsville Wed. night was very exciting. The competition is great. You never really know who will win. In the old days, which many people think were "better", you could count on one hand the teams that could win. Now it's probably 1/2 the field. What's so bad about that? Yeah some of the drivers are a little too young, and not "everyman" like Petty or Pearson, or Jarrett... but they all got old and quit and/or died racing. So what can you do? Don't watch it if you don't like it. But don't piss and moan about it. And don't wish it to fail, please! Why wish to take something away from a huge number of fans that still like it? What's the point in that? And I still couldn't care less about what flag they wave, or what Bubba Wallace thinks. That's a bunch of political bullshit that we all should pay a lot less attention to!

Last edited:
My first NASCAR race was in ‘67 as a young kid watching Richard Petty race at Fonda speedway on the dirt with my father. I was a huge fan attending 4 or 5 races yearly until Toyota came on board. I no longer attend Any races and watch only a handful on TV. Once I see teams and drivers kneel during the national anthem I’m 100% done forever. I didn’t serve my country to condone sports figures desecrating the national anthem, and I refuse to fund such nonsense.... Same goes for NFL, NBA, and MLB. F’em!

I used to follow it . I used to work on late model cars when I was younger. I no longer watch it because they have abandoned their base. This is why seats are being torn instead of being put up.

-
Back