need 22 inch OEM style radiator

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
'76 volare 318 the original one just sprung a leak old and rotten (like me>).. Last year I could find brass/copper oem style rad. for my slants, NOW all I seem to find is an alum/plastic rad. for this 318 in 22 inch. Spectra or whatever name, seems to be the same. Am I dreaming!!!!

No because all OEM's have moved to Plastic tanks and Aluminum cores. Copper is expensive and the solder to assemble it is probably on the EPA's "no-no" list.

Look and see if Champion has one to fit your application. It may require some massaging but lots of folks here use them and they area all aluminum and welded.

No because all OEM's have moved to Plastic tanks and Aluminum cores. Copper is expensive and the solder to assemble it is probably on the EPA's "no-no" list.

Look and see if Champion has one to fit your application. It may require some massaging but lots of folks here use them and they area all aluminum and welded.
Not for the 76 F body. Ones for 22 small block also has different inlet/outlet size. I will call their rep to see if I am correct.
I said 22 inch but I meant 26.

Well that sucks. You might be able to sweet talk them into making one.

Is the slant 6 radiator really ~26" across the core?

I have a napa 2 core copper/brass radiator in mine, listed as heavy duty v8 with A/C.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NRS3508
Sorry, I didn't notice correction on 22 inch, but you get the general idea.
The volare in question, is a 318 26 inch radiator. I was saying last year I was able to find oem rad for my slants, 71 duster and 79 volare. I could not find a 26 rad. for the 76 volare anywhere in oem brass/copper, not even NAPA.

-
Back