Need a close up pic of STOCK 340 kickdown linkage...

-

BlueSwinger

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Could someone please post a fairly clear/close pic of their STOCK 340 kickdown linkage, by the carb... preferably '70, but any close year should be fine so long as it's stock linkage/brackets. I mean installed on the car, not lying on a table :)

I did a search here and google, and didn't really find anything good enough. I think there were some here, but lost in the pic crash recently.

Thanks

Great, thank you... that will probably be good enough, if it's good enough to answer my next question:

to borrow those pics for a second... is this first pic a typical 2 barrel topmost rod...:
Picture164.jpg

As opposed to this pic... is this a typical 4 barrel top most rod? the way it bends outward in a way the 2v one doesn't:
faucetpics832.jpg

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if the 4bbl linkage I just bought is right. It's like that first pic. I think it's a 2bbl linkage, the same as what's on my car right now.

My 318/2bbl car is like the top

My 70 Swinger 340/Auto car is like the bottom.

My 318/2bbl car is like the top

My 70 Swinger 340/Auto car is like the bottom.

That's what I thought. Same here. I got hosed on someone misrepresenting their parts (NOT here on this site). Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I have contacted the person I got the linkage from, and they are going to make it right (refund or correct part). All's well that ends well. Except I will probably still need the correct 4v linkage rod!

-
Back