Need a part number from the 90's for Snap on tester

-

Rob R

Reaction score
I've had this circuit tester since the late 80's early 90's.
It was in it's box for ever,then I lent it out and it came back with out the box.At the time it was no big deal,now that it has passed away Snap on has no idea what it is and want a part number so they can replace it.
This is the first time that they have balked at a warranty tool from me.So as an act of desperation here I am looking for some help.
It's 3-24 volt cordless circuit tester...
tester.png

Screenshot_20211209-154000.png

Found a photo but no info.

Do you take the 2 halves apart to change a battery?

May be some info on the cir board or inside the bat compartment.

Dana67...
Wow...
It appears that it is sealed at the factory...it is powered when it finds a DC source.
Thanks for taking the time to look that up...

I remember that tool. I'm surprised they would consider warranty for it, being an electronic tool. I've had some issues in the past with some of the other truck tool vendors, where the company dropped a product, years before I needed any type of warranty replacement. Their solution was to offer me a truck credit for x amount of dollars. I took it, but hated that I lost that tool, it was a very good for close quarter work, and the only tool I ever found that worked great when dealing with Porshe suspensions. Anyways, I'll look and see if I have any old catalogs with a listing - I wouldn't count on it, but I have old stuff here and there.

I have 2 Craftsman wrenches from the late 80s that are broken. No longer made, they did not even offer a refund.

I had the box for about 20 years and I do not remember a part number that was that long.There was a 2 letter prefix and 3 digit part number, something like MT ---...Heck I just don't remember it was a while ago.Could have been the CTN10001...
kursplat...Thank you:thankyou:

Dana67...
Mine doesn't have that part number on it...
probe2.jpg

probe2.jpg

Mine doesn't have that part number on it.
Earlier or later I guess. I figured it didn't because then either you were blind or dumb and I'm pretty sure your not either (so wanted to say blind as a joke but we don't know each other well enough:poke::rolleyes:)

-
Back