Need a photo of a 4 speed hump from underneath 1972.

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

I’ve got a client who asked me to install a 4 speed hump on a 1972 Dart body. Does anyone have a photo to share with me what the finished look from underneath factory should be ? Especially if the body is on a rotisserie. I want to do a nice job with seam sealer and know how much original floor is left behind.
Thanks!
Syleng1

Couldn't tell you. I located my mine by the floor contours and the shifter in the boot, and then traced it with a magic marker. Moved in 3/4" and cut it out.

The hump I used came from a '72 Demon and I had to chisel the floor to get it out. I know the factory hole wasn't very uniform because I had to grind all the spot welds to get the remnants of the old floor off and some of it was a half inch wide, some was two inches wide

Couldn't tell you. I located my mine by the floor contours and the shifter in the boot, and then traced it with a magic marker. Moved in 3/4" and

The hump I used came from a '72 Demon and I had to chisel the floor to get it out. I know the factory hole wasn't very uniform because I had to grind all the spot welds to get the remnants of the old floor off and some of it was a half inch wide, some was two inches wide
I agree the 2 I removed from parts cars were poorly cut holes and equally roughly installed….. they were not pretty.

Does this help.
Ted

029 (2).JPG

I say do a nice job, and don't do it like the factory did it. Have pride in your work.
I did mine like jos51700 described.

I use seam sealer around my hump. Remember with all the repop floor pans humps and combo of such, things don't always fit as good as when mother mopar made it and she was not particular either!!

I use seam sealer around my hump. Remember with all the repop floor pans humps and combo of such, things don't always fit as good as when mother mopar made it and she was not particular either!!
Yes - I get that. I’ve done both re-popped metal and factory metal cut from another car in my welding shop. Because this guy is dropping off the body on a rotisserie, I want it to look spot on. On tv- they just cut out a hole put the hump on and weld. But factory did not do that. When this guy rolls his car on the side I want him to see what looks like a factory pressed out hump not jagged edges and seam sealer because of bead welding. I’m still not sure if a factory car has a spot welded hump or welded 360 with a bead weld from like a mig. My 340 Demon has a factory hump but with the tranny in the way you cannot see what the finished product needs to look like.

-
Back