Need a pic from a 67-69 Dart hardtop

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
Working on a '68 GTS convertible (not mine)
DSC00284.JPG
that has been hit in the driver side and mangled the interior sheetmetal. While looking at it, it appears that the bad part might be the same as a hardtop. Here is the passenger side (still in good shape). This is definitely two pieces, so if you've got a picture...Thanks.

Not too far. The car needs a quarter, door jamb, and wheel houses so removing that part really isn't a big deal and it can probably be straightened enough, but he wants it better than that and has the skills to make it better (I don't possess those skills). Fortunately we have a very straight example (mine) that should be beside this one in a month or two. I didn't get any pics of the bad side.

On the outer skin, take note that the top of the quarter (where the side glass goes) is critical to salvage the section favoring the rear piece where it kinks in that half inch or so. this shape is convert only, also note the belt molding holes are spaced differently or non existent on the hard top (dependant on what trim donor had)

Thanks for the pic. We were correct that the part he needs can come from a hardtop. We (he) already has a lot of fab work to do as that part of the quarter has already been replaced (one of the worst jobs that I've ever seen). Again, fortunately my (wife's) GTS convertible should be beside it in a month or so.

-
Back