Status
Not open for further replies.

bbrroowwnn

never re member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a factory style very short mopar throttle cable.....Needs to be in the 12 to 14 inch range....Don't care what it is off of as long is it is the right length....square or round end through firewall does not matter because I have to cut hole anyway.....I have a 24 inch and a 19 inch and they are too long....I Have a lokar cut to fit setup but you have to use their bracket which don't work on TQ's and their ends of the cable don't work with my factory carb stud and factory kickdown linkage & pedal....And everything else is perfect and works flawlessly so if I can just find a shorter factory cable, I will be in business.....

I have one off a 67 barracuda approxmetely 23 inches long give or take 1/2 inch $15. shipped. pm me if insterested. McClure Pa

Where are you measuring from? Casing end (at firewall) to where it hooks to the carb? or cable end to cable end?

I have one also that might work but I need to know where you are measuring.

Ken
Edison, NJ

sorry, yeah, pushed in fully and measuring from carb clip to firewall mount from 12-14 inches....so overall would be 15-17 inches.....Any factory ones that small??? My 19 would be too tight to do a loop before the firewall and I could do a loop with the 24 but it is for a street rod with no hood sides so it would look ugly....

Mine measures 16" based on your measuring specs pushed all the way in.

Ken

my cable is 16" from pedal clip to carb end & a total length of 19"

Thanks Sedanman, that is the one I have on it now and is a few inches too long....maybe they didn't make one that short??:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

I was looking at that on speedway site but it doesn't bolt into the stock mopar small block throttle cable and kickdown linkage bracket....Does it...It likes like it won't....Did it connect to the stock TQ carb stud with kickdown also?

It was a Holley carb setup and we used one of the billet brackets that are available. You might have to fab something using an OEM bracket that uses the intake bolts.

Yeah that is what I am using the bracket that bolts on the intake bolts.....Do you know if that Mr Gasket cable will hold in this bracket??? here are two pics I have the 19 inch cable on but just too long.....

coupesteering019.jpg

coupesteering020.jpg

all they had was 1 for a 6cyl & 1 for an 8 cyl. I don't think they had any other lengths. The 6 cyl would loop like you mentioned

There is a place in MI that makes cables but I don't know their name. KrazyKuda had some shift cables made by them

Imperial services can make you one to order. Stock or custom length. The email address on the web site is not current and not checked regularly, use steve@promerican.com for contact and he can help expedite if you need to.

Here is a link to their web site. Throttle cables are a little over halfway down the page.

http://www.imperialservices.net/Aparts.html

Imperial services can make you one to order. Stock or custom length. The email address on the web site is not current and not checked regularly, use steve@promerican.com for contact and he can help expedite if you need to.

Here is a link to their web site. Throttle cables are a little over halfway down the page.

http://www.imperialservices.net/Aparts.html

Ok thanks for the info Karl....

I am trying a few things first with aftermarket cables first....If nothing works out I will contact them and see....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back