Need advice on high ZDDP level non-syntehtic oil for my Dart 440

-

chasb

Reaction score
What is everyone using?. I have been sing Spectrum 10/40 with zinc. Anything better than that?

As long as you are using a high zinc oil I think the brand name is pretty much irrelevant. Check that it has somewhere between 1200-1400 ppm zinc and 1300-1400 ppm phosphorus and you're good to go (not recommended to exceed 1600ppm). You can have the discussion around synthetic vs dino oil that goes on forever. Personally I have been running 15w50 Comp Cams high zinc blended oil. Last case I bought from Summit I think came out to around $5/qt.

:agree:

There are so many out there now, Valvoline VR1, Lucas, Comp cams, Lunati, Edelbrock, Brad Penn, Joe Gibbs, Driven, the list goes on. Like Syumper said, make sure its high in the good stuff and your good to go.

I run Brad Penn oil. There are other high zinc oils that are probably just as good but that's readily available where I'm at and it doesn't cost a fortune.

I think I am gonna run 7 qts Rotella T3 15W-40 with a bottle of Comp break-in lube.

They sell Joe Gibbs at Hughes Engines. Lots of lube products to choose from. All Mopar stuff.

-
Back