NEED ASSISTANCE ON 1965 PLYMOUTH BARACUDA - FINAL ASSEMBLY

-
Reaction score
Hi, Glad to be a part of the Forum. I have been 'lurking' for quite some time. I'm on my 5th Car Restoration - after having been flooded by Hurricane Florence.

I can post various photos - I need help installing FLOOR GEAR SHIFTER *was originally on the tree. Differential (exaust is already in) and TTS headers. Almost all parts on hand. Dropped a 360 in her - she's a beauty. Have had lackluster help from local mechanics, trying to do it myself - have books/manuals/videos. Would very much appreciate some expert advice - or where to find it?

CUDAredFULL.jpg

360CARB.JPG

cudaCHROMEaltCOVER.JPG

CHROMEtest1.JPG

ELECTRICALdiagram.JPG

65CUDA50CHEVY.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to FABO. I moved your thread to the Welcome Wagon forum so you can introduce yourself. From there you can ask questions in the correct forum headings to get your questions answered.

Great looking car!

Welcome to FABO. I moved your thread to the Welcome Wagon forum so you can introduce yourself. From there you can ask questions in the correct forum headings to get your questions answered.

Great looking car!
Thanks, ToolManMike - working on her today, this is her rear after paint - she's covered most of the time - carpet is in, all body work completed, all re-chromed parts on hand - almost all other parts on hand. This is her from behind.

Plymouth-Barracuda-1965-by-Mill-Creek-Classics-Car-Restoration20180720_1436-1 (1)2.jpg

I have a 65 4-speed Barracuda. What exactly is your question?

First need help attaching floor shifter (automatic) to transmission thru floor - see photo - thanks!

View attachment 1715998363
It appears your car does not have a four speed hump. That's going to be a problem if you intend on using a factory style transmission with the shifter in the factory location. Brewer's Performance sells the transmission hump you will need.

Oh and that chrome alternator bracket is for a small block Chevy. Deposit it in the nearest trash can.

It appears your car does not have a four speed hump. That's going to be a problem if you intend on using a factory style transmission with the shifter in the factory location. Brewer's Performance sells the transmission hump you will need.
I'll call them Monday - would have a part number of frame of reference? Thanks for your help.

I think I mis-read your original question - I was thinking you were asking for a manual. Your later post indicates an automatic. Are you trying to move an automatic shifter from the column to the floor?

I think I mis-read your original question - I was thinking you were asking for a manual. Your later post indicates an automatic. Are you trying to move an automatic shifter from the column to the floor?
So did I apparently. I thought he was going manual as well. Maybe he can make it perfectly clear.

If you're going automatic, you don't need the transmission hump. With a manual you will.

Is the plan a factory floor shift and console? Or do you have an aftermarket shifter? You'll probably need to pull the carpet out to do this.

Alan

-
Back