Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 63 valiant that has a pea shooter,
Is a two barrel exhaust larger then a one barrel exhaust?
I would like to find a dual exhaust if posible.
360scamp has filled me in on some that can be made up and work great.$$$

First off,a dual exhaust on a /6 will hurt the performance,as you will not have enough air flow to fill the tubes.Its best to put a larger single exhuast and good low restrition muffler and have the torque and performance.Go to a exhaust shop and spend the money to have it done right,mrmopartech

the best thing you can do for the performance is to split the front and rear exh. ports the best setup I'v seen sofar is the dutr duel setup hear is a link

http://www.dutra.org/doug/doug-sl6-exhaust/dutra-duals.htm

I'f interested your best bet is to contact Mr. dutra at slantsix.org his screen name is "doc"

or you can always do headers but they can be a pain on the /6

sorry I forgot about the other Q. the slant six manifolds are all the same from beginning to end they all do not look the same and their are many casting #'s but they all pritty much have the same flow. the only exeption to the rule is in the early 60's they had a hyperpack manifold set up that was a long ram 4 bbl intake and a split duel manifold the dutra is the closest match to the original hyperpack performance and layout

I have thought this out and I will go with Mrmopartec's advice.
The time and money will go to a good aluminum two barrel intake and a new carb. and do a good exhaust system.
That will be the way for me to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back