Need formula s badge location measurements

-

cudascott

It’s a sickness!
Reaction score
I need some info on a 67 383 formula S I've looked at lots of pics but really need
the measurement location of the formula S badges on the front fenders and also did the 383
Cars have a 383 badge above the S badge
Thanks cudascott

Scott Dad has a 67 "S", and I took pics, but hi is a 273. Send
Rocky_js a msg. He has a 383 "S" Or if anyone knows a 67 273 "S" location is the exact same??

using the right fender from the center of the pentastar holes (use both holes small and large to find center) to bottom FS emblem stud is 4-1/2” and 6” exactly to top stud, which should put the bottom of the emblem circle to the lower ridge at 1-3/8 in”. Make a paper template and do the left.
I'll take a picture when I get home from work. If you look at pictures of other cars they are all over the place.

using the right fender from the center of the pentastar holes (use both holes small and large to find center) to bottom FS emblem stud is 4-1/2” and 6” exactly to top stud, which should put the bottom of the emblem circle to the lower ridge at 1-3/8 in”. Make a paper template and do the left.
I'll take a picture when I get home from work. If you look at pictures of other cars they are all over the place.

yea Rocky that was the problem i was having they are all over the place

I need some info on a 67 383 formula S I've looked at lots of pics but really need
the measurement location of the formula S badges on the front fenders and also did the 383
Cars have a 383 badge above the S badge
Thanks cudascott

I thought that the 383 badge went under the Formula S badge.

67 383 Formula-s locations.

Ok, I wasn't sure if they were above or below. My dad had a 67 383-S when I was born, but totalled it in less than 6 months. I've only had 67 273-S and 68 340-S.

My dad said that the GTO's didn't pay attention to the 383 emblems on the side of his until he blew their doors off....

These are some notes I have on this subject.

I have the formula for the S emblem locations using linear referencing and dynamic segmentation. example: use this picture below. I used a lot, and hope you have more to check this against as one was off, but probably aren’t correct either.
http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/in...arracuda-Formula-S/131043/image_details?pos=7
now I know two points at least that are going to be the same nearly every time. the antenna mast and the pentastar emblem. take a piece of paper or a straight edge I used a small tape measure and measure the base of the antenna to the center of the pentastar you’ll notice the F/S emblem is dead center between them.

we have a second and third reference the bottom ridge of the fender. measure from the pentastar to the upper ridge then between the F/S and the ridge. add subtract the difference.

We also have one more side to side from fender lip to corner end of fender using the F and A from the word formula see attached picture.

To weight the thought I used a right fender I have with the V8 emblem and removed it I measured from the pentastar center to each v8 emblem hole they are exactly the same distance 6-3/8” center to center. what I came up with is from the center of the pentastar to bottom FS emblem stud is 4-1/2” and 6” exactly to top stud. which should put the bottom of the emblem circle to the ridge at 1-3/8 in” now we have our center point with references. I figure it’s +/- 1/8” and to me an acceptable tolerance.

Rocky,
Thanks for the help with the placement of the S badges, now what are the measurements for the 383 emblems? I guess one could measure from the top hole of the FS if that measurement was known.

I will have to go to a storage garage for that one. I think it is a 1/4 inch centered over the FS emblem. The 383 car has been buried in a garage since '79.

-
Back