need fuel line diagram or help with lines

-

360Duster75

Reaction score
I am in need of a fuel line diagram or some help showing me how to run the lines from the tank to the hard lines, hard lines to the pump, and pump to the carb. I have no fuel lines so I have no idea how it runs and need all the help I can get. So if anyone has a diagram or can tell me how they run I will be grateful.

We need more info. I'm assuming you have a 75 vehicle?

Are you retaining the factory carbon canister (evaporative emissions) stuff?

What you running for carb, EFI, pump, regulator, are you going to (and you should!!) run a vapor return system?

Do you have the factory tank or a cell, and do you have the factory whatever the hell it is called, the "can" that gathers up the vent lines back in the rear?

No im not running emmisions, its a 75 duster 360 with a holly 4 barrel yes I am going to run a vapor return as soon as I find out how to. Mechanical pump and no regulator. And is going on a factory fuel tank. I ment to put that up but just slipped my mind.

OK, I assume you bought the car torn down? With no fuel tubing? You probably should invest in a factory shop manual, either on CD or reprint. Newest one we have here on this site for free download is a 72. I would guess the fuel line routing is SIMILAR

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=manual,+download

You should be able to figure a way to tap into the existing ports on the tank and use one for a return port. You MUST figure out how to vent the tank. Newer cars with that system used a "pressure vacuum" cap, which means that there can be a certain amount of either pressure or vacuum in the tank, before the cap "pops off" sort of like a relief valve.

Older cars had an OPEN vent that was welded into the fuel filler tube way up high before it exits the side of the car. The tube went down the backside of the filler tube, poked through the rubber gasket in the trunk floor, and hung down into a hole in the rear frame rail. Older gas caps are sealed not vented.

So far as a vapor return, I'm a HUGE believe in 'em to help prevent vapor lock. You can use Wix 33040 (5/16) or 33041 (3/8) fuel filter, both of which have an orificed 1/4" return line built in. You can mount these either vertically or horizontally, so long as you have the 1/4" fitting on TOP.

33041.jpg

Below is how the older vent system worked:

2cmugso.jpg

Here's a diagram of how the 72 vent / carbon can stuff hooked up. If you are lucky, you still have the big liquid / vapor separator in the rear

2r2q0ra.jpg

Ok ill figure it out eventually I belive mine will have a return slot on the tank and a vent on the filler ill have to look and see as soon as it stops raining.

Ok ill figure it out eventually I belive mine will have a return slot on the tank and a vent on the filler ill have to look and see as soon as it stops raining.

As I speak, about 8:30AM, it's 35F and raining. SNOW was predicted for this early morning!!!

-
Back