Need header ID help..

-

Killer6

Reaction score
I have the Dr. side header from My ex Cop-Car Dippy, which was from a diff pair than the Pass. side. I have the mate for the latter, but not the former, I was told it was for an early C-body.
The flange has "46110","4",&"75".
This doesn't hit as Hedman or Hooker part#s, & I assume the 4 75 is a date but... If anyone has old catalogs for other header mfrs. I'd appreciate it.
"B" eng. unit, Thx!

Using more recent part#'s, they don't check out as Doug's, Doug Thorley, Cyclone, Blackjack, Hedman, or Hooker. Being as some may have been acquired, part#'s may have changed since these were made, so ...any help out there to ID these?

The #'s "upside down" stamped between cyls. 1&3.
20220219_124129.jpg

When I first hung it to take reference measurements in '89...loose 3-bolt collar on 3" collector.
20220219_123457.jpg

From the angle of the tubes to the collector, it resembles a W series truck header. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

From the angle of the tubes to the collector, it resembles a W series truck header. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
Local "Mr. Hemi" told Me they were early C-body when I acquired it, only had it installed in the Diplomat & minimal bangin' to clear the clutch linkage w/the 383, not sure they'd have worked on an RB....BUT I do have a part#..hence this thread...

Any ideas out there? I'm diggin' into old piles of catalogs boxed up when I moved 27 yrs ago, when time allows, nothin' yet. Eddy made a bitchin' shorty/Y-pipe setup for My old V-6 Dak, air tube ports, heat-riser & all...lol!! Ok, that's not helping...

Anybody have any ideas/guesses at all who the mfr. of this "46110" unit is?

Still striking out. Thought for sure somebody old or older-school than Myself might recognize a 5 digit part# for a header like this, or by chance have an old catalog around. Any brands other than what is listed above pop into any minds out there? List for J R (Hedman) units out there?

OK, a little bit of searching led to Casler being known for cheater slick type of tires in CA, but purchased by Hooker about '70. Hooker then marketed a line of headers under the Casler brand, why is anyone's guess, but there it is.. So now I am looking for part #'s for JR Hedman, & Casler if anybody has them..any others/ideas out there?

OK, I have been as of yet, unable to match this serial/part # to the following;
Hooker
Casler
Hedman
Dougs
Doug Thorley/Thorley
Blackjack
Sanderson
Stahl
Jardine
Gebler
Cyclone
Any other ideas out there?

OK, I have been as of yet, unable to match this serial/part # to the following;
Hooker
Casler
Hedman
Dougs
Doug Thorley/Thorley
Blackjack
Sanderson
Stahl
Jardine
Gebler
Cyclone
Any other ideas out there?
Appliance. I could recognize them by the four bolt collector flange. I don't remember if they were round or square.

Appliance. I could recognize them by the four bolt collector flange. I don't remember if they were round or square.
Post#5. Loose 3-bolt collar on collector. But thanks, I will research those as well.
I have another set of headers with welded on round 4-bolt flange collectors, very lightweight, race use only IMO.

You did better than I did. I couldn't find any blackjack numbers. lol
Lol, trust Me, I'm 'bout f*@king crosseyed from doing searches. Didn't think it would've turned out to be this difficult at the outset, that's a fact!!

Lol, trust Me, I'm 'bout f*@king crosseyed from doing searches. Didn't think it would've turned out to be this difficult at the outset, that's a fact!!
I can tell you this much from looking at the driver's side. When the driver's side has #1 tube up and over 3&5, those are usually car headers. Truck headers have the passenger's side with the #2 up and over 4&6. If that helps any.

I'd really like to sell this to somebody who needs it, but I want to know exactly what the app was originally, since I don't have the pass. side to go with it. I can only say it fit the Dippy Cop Car w/the 383 pictured & the 833 4spd.
Hedman part#'s are 5-digit, & I was hopeful at first, but I can only find Hedder & Hussler #'s of which all the Mopar units start with a "7". I can't find any JR-Hedman specific listing, and none of the old DC/MP part numbers have any correlation to a mfr.# either.

And I can add Appliance to the strike-out list, but Thx for that lead, & the search continues...

-
Back