Need help! 1971 Plymouth Duster 9 " drums.

-

Erick27

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Plymouth Duster with 9" drum brakes front and back. As I was changing the brakes I found multiple problems, the main one being there was only one rear drum shoe link/ e- brake strut attached the other missing. The one that was there seems to be the wrong one for this make and model. My question is does anyone have any information or pictures for the right part for my make and model? All I have been able to find is a 10" and 11" part.
20180417_185858.jpg

I have a 1971 Plymouth Duster with 9" drum brakes front and back. As I was changing the brakes I found multiple problems, the main one being there was only one rear drum shoe link/ e- brake strut attached the other missing. The one that was there seems to be the wrong one for this make and model. My question is does anyone have any information or pictures for the right part for my make and model? All I have been able to find is a 10" and 11" part.View attachment 1715166298

Try Tony @whitepunkonnitro

So many people replace their rear-ends for a stouter one or BBP that someone must have the part lying around. An entire 7.25" rear-end goes for <$100. I have an extra one w/ 9" drums. I would give you the part except my 1964 Valiant has 9" drums so may need it.

I have a 1971 Plymouth Duster with 9" drum brakes front and back. As I was changing the brakes I found multiple problems, the main one being there was only one rear drum shoe link/ e- brake strut attached the other missing. The one that was there seems to be the wrong one for this make and model. My question is does anyone have any information or pictures for the right part for my make and model? All I have been able to find is a 10" and 11" part.View attachment 1715166298

Or try @Dodge33 for the brake strut

Thanks everyone. Ill check these out. Someone told me this part actually belongs to a 69 mustang. Does anyone know if this would actually function right on my car?

Thanks everyone. Ill check these out. Someone told me this part actually belongs to a 69 mustang. Does anyone know if this would actually function right on my car?
Even if so, not as well. Ford Mustangs had brake setups almost identical to the Mopar A's. A lot of times you'll find 151 shoes (which were for the fords) interchanged on the '68 and earlier mopar 10 x 1.75" rear brakes. 9" drums may be similar. As it happens, for many years I unwittingly used a Ford strut, but its not quite right. It can interfere as seen in the photos. Correct struts (for 10" )shown in the last photo. Put a wanted request out, you shouyld have little trouble in getting the correct ones.

MVC-863S.JPG

MVC-865S.JPG

MVC-864S.JPG

MVC-002F.JPG

DON'T DARE buy these new brake shoes ----- you will hate life, as they rip your BRAKE DRUMS to smithereens!!!!!!!!
I have N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ For Front (9" x 2 1/2")and Rear (9" x 2")..........Nice SMOOOOOOOOOTH Braking..............

-
Back