Need help identifying a steering box

-

e50095

Reaction score
The casting number isn't making any sense to me. Any help you guys can provide in identifying it would be appreciated. thanks...

Box #1.jpg

Box #2.jpg

Box #3.jpg

Box #4.jpg

Agreed,Rag joint is the dead give away.

Thanks for the input fellas, I'll assume it would be a no go for my 67 Barracuda.....trying to switch from manual to power steering.

Well now don't give up yet.Check the mounting bolt pattern. Remove the rag joint at the splined shaft. Remove pitman arm. If splines match you can reuse the car parts I.E. pitman arm.Steering shaft coupler is different between manual and power box.The column steering shaft is longer so you need a shorter one or cut and go with a aftermarket coupler. What ya workin on ?

Well now don't give up yet.Check the mounting bolt pattern. Remove the rag joint at the splined shaft. Remove pitman arm. If splines match you can reuse the car parts I.E. pitman arm.Steering shaft coupler is different between manual and power box.The column steering shaft is longer so you need a shorter one or cut and go with a aftermarket coupler. What ya workin on ?

I have a 67 Barracuda, going from manual steering to power. I have the steering column, the pulley, pump, hoses, and brackets. I'm only missing the box.

-
Back