Need help identifying bucket seats

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
I bought a set of seats that were supposed to be originally from a 69 Cuda hoping to use them in my 68 Cuda. At first glance they looked as correct as I could determine but my knowledge is limited in this area. The rails are the type that raise the seats like an a-body but they are not offset like my 68 so the bolt center is way off according to my 68 Cuda. Approx. 15" wide bolt centers instead of 12". I have seat brackets from my 68 that look like they will bolt right to these seats and bolt in the car so that's not a big deal but I wonder why the difference. Are 68 and 69 bolt centers different? The guy gave me some tags that were supposed to be from these seats but I never asked where on the seats these tags were located. The numbers on the tags are SS 3447540 T and the other is SS 9 16 69. Does anyone know what the part no. 3447540 T number fits? I'm reasonably certain the 9 16 69 is probably the build date. Does anybody know if the 68 and 69 seats were the same physical size so all I would have to do is order covers from Legendary for a 68?

Oh yeah, he also said seats from a 69 sport Fury and Barracuda were the same. Could these be Sport Fury seats instead of Cuda seats which might explain the different slide rails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tracy

Sounds like he was telling they They were Fury seats and that they would fit to get you to buy them. Any pictures of them ?

Did your 68 originally have buckets? The bench seats would probably have different mounting holes. If the seats are out of a fury and not a cuda, there will probably also have a height difference in the rails.

Yeah, we always joke when selling at a swap when someone asks what something fits...I ask them what they have. Some people don't get it. :wink:

Adam even though that's not the way he worded it you might be right. I found a pix of both in a Legendary catalog and the only diff. I see is the chrome medallion (guess that's what it's called) in the middle of the back is vertical on one and mounted horizontal on the other. I'll try to post a pix tomorrow eve.

Demonweise my car did have buckets originally. Unfortunately someone swapped out the originals for some B-body seats and they didn't fit right. Mainly due to the tracks. I want it to look original so that's why I bought these.

GTS340 Yeah I've done that too. And seeing your ID reminds me of the days when my bud Brad had a 69 GTS 340 auto car and burnin up the streets of Gillespie, IL. Been nearly 20 yrs. ago but you never forget a car like that. It was the quickest car around at the time. If I remember right it ran about 13.0's. Not real quick by today's standards but pretty darn good for then.

-
Back